• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

FI Leafs Top Prospect Project - #4 Poll Thread

Who is the Leafs #4 Prospect

• Andreas Johnson

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Travis Dermott

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Connor Brown

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Jeremy Bracco

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Stuart Percy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brendan Leipsic

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The thing to remember about Johnson's production when you're considering how good it is relative to age is that because of his November birthday he has played his 2 post draft seasons at 19 & 20 yrs old ostensibly. His .55 & .64 ppg seasons are good in the SweHL, but I would personally put Kapanen's true 18 yr old production barely past Bracco's age/league relative production and would be pretty disappointed if Kapanen only put up Johnson type numbers as a 19 yr old this year.

Johnson's production in the SweHL looks better than it is, age and league relative, because at 20 yrs old, the Swedes with the best shot at making a NHL impact are already in North America. Johnson turns 21 in November. It's usually best to leave these euro projects over there to incubate and develop their games fully before bringing them over (John Klingberg is a good example of this) and they can make an impact on skill level alone, but I don't think we should be forgetting that his age relative competition over there is made up of guys who will likely never see the Show, and if they do, typically as depth players/grinders. The best SweHL products are in North America by 21, and usually before they're 20.

Didn't Johnson bank a ton of his goals early in the year while the top guys were playing euro qualifiers or at nhl training camps (or something like that)?

I think I have the forwards Bracco, Johnson, Brown... and the defensemen Dermott, Percy, Harrington.

I love that this is so difficult though.

Back