• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The ****ing Training Camp Thread

Sensitive sallys.

I'm asking why. Why bother?

Because anything signed to a sensible contract is a potential asset. If it's something we can trade for a 2nd and a 4th at the deadline, that's us spending that money on a 2nd and a 4th....which is sound strategy when you're a financial behemoth in a league that restricts spending.

That's why you add the Glencross', Boyes', etc's of the world. With that said, we probably won't be capped out even if we sign the PTO's.

Sensitive sallys.

I'm asking why. Why bother?

Because anything signed to a sensible contract is a potential asset. If it's something we can trade for a 2nd and a 4th at the deadline, that's us spending that money on a 2nd and a 4th....which is sound strategy when you're a financial behemoth in a league that restricts spending.

That's why you add the Glencross', Boyes', etc's of the world. With that said, we probably won't be capped out even if we sign the PTO's.

can't find any streams of tonight exhibition games on reddit. anyone have one of the youtube ones. The title is never connected to the leafs so the search is no good.

Are you looking to watch another team in particular Hoss? Because the Leafs aren't playing tonight.

oh.... I have tickets to tomorrows game, I thought they were playing a back to back.

I take my wife to the exhibition games. She don't care who is playing or not.

oh.... I have tickets to tomorrows game, I thought they were playing a back to back.

I take my wife to the exhibition games. She don't care who is playing or not.

They are playing back-to-back. They're playing tomorrow and then Saturday evening.

I'm also heading into the game tonight. Waiting to see the lineups but would be nice to get a first hand look at Nylander and marner.

Babcock impressed by Nylander so far: "He just has to keep doing it and doing it and if he keeps doing it, he takes someone's job."

Babs has said if all else are equal, vets keep the job.

But it does sound like Nylander may have a chance at making the Leafs team afterall, even though I'll be surprised if he's not with the Marlies for game 1.

If he is good enough to crack the top 6 then by all means keep him up. For the first time in a long time I trust what this group is doing with their prospects

Nylander ain't making this team, for the first half of this season at the very least. Not a chance.

If he is ready according to Babcock then he will make the team. As Babcock said in one of his interviews: "He just has to keep doing it and doing it and if he keeps doing it, he takes someone's job."

Sounds like someone getting a fair shake to make the team. Its not that far fetched that he'd beat out a jobber like Glencross, Setoguchi, Boyes for a spot on the team. A top 6 winger spot is up for grabs and i think management is smart enough to have the best player earn it. Still unlikely he makes it, but you never know. He looks like he's put in the work in the offseason and he's had a good camp so far.

Back