• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hammond out, O'Connor recalled

Hammond out 2 weeks with a groin injury. That makes Matt O'Connor the backup, and since we start the season with 3 games in 4 nights, a good chance that he'll start one of them.

Welcome to the NHL kid!

If I had to guess he'd play the Toronto Game. They'll want Anderson rested for the Montreal game the next night.

I only saw highlites and read the press wire about last night's game but I am some what indifferent to how O'Connor played. The first goal was a stinker but it could be nerves. I guess we had seen worse.

I only saw highlites and read the press wire about last night's game but I am some what indifferent to how O'Connor played. The first goal was a stinker but it could be nerves. I guess we had seen worse.

I didn't see much of the game either. Blacked out on GCL. I did find an alternate stream but was on mobile and the resolution was garbage.

Anyway, he is way ahead of schedule. As we know he's just up because of Hammond's injury. I do have to say I find it a little strange that you would start your backup for your home opener though. Not that it would have changed the outcome, I think the whole team came out flat.

I didn't see much of the game either. Blacked out on GCL. I did find an alternate stream but was on mobile and the resolution was garbage.

Anyway, he is way ahead of schedule. As we know he's just up because of Hammond's injury. I do have to say I find it a little strange that you would start your backup for your home opener though. Not that it would have changed the outcome, I think the whole team came out flat.

So true. I would have thought Toronto would have been a better fit for O'Connor. The Leafs are not as good as the Habs and Toronto had played the previous night. But alas likely a moot point. Hopefully O'Connor does get another start though for experience sake.

Back