• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2015-16 Season

Gainey and Gauthier also got us Chuckie.....

Bergevin basically walked into the draft and Chuckie fell to him....reports say they were ready to pick Murray

Not sure what report you are talking about but the entire world, Chucky was their guy from day 1.

Not sure what report you are talking about but the entire world, Chucky was their guy from day 1.

i am pretty sure rolex wanted us to take Murray

so he might have found a report deep in Eklund's mind

LeBrun post-draft said rumors floating around had MB wanting Murray but settled for Galchenyuk.

They were always taking Chucky. Those "reports" are stupid.

i am pretty sure rolex wanted us to take Murray

so he might have found a report deep in Eklund's mind

LeBrun post-draft said rumors floating around had MB wanting Murray but settled for Galchenyuk.

Thanks Sal.... I knew I heard it somewhere....hard to remember an exact source after 3-4 years

Here's Bergevin:

In a frank exchange on Monday regarding the scout-GM relationship, Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin hinted to an audience at the PrimeTime Sports Management Conference , that if it would have been up to him, he would have drafted Rielly third overall that year. Or, if Ryan Murray had been available (he went second to Columbus), it would have been him.
"I put a lot of value on defencemen, long term," said Bergevin.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/break...g_morgan_rielly_at_third_overall_in_2012.html

any more doubts ?

I'm happy with AG.

Rielly is a fine dman but we had and have such a glaring need for a player like AG

I'm happy with AG too but I would also have been happy with Rielly. We definitely have a need for a top pairing left defenseman right now.

Chuckie is 4 years into the NHL and has yet to stick at center

Blame management....but at some point the player needs to force management's hands by not giving them the choice to keep him there

Ryan Murray was my guy back in that draft.

Unfortunately, injuries haven't helped him very much so far.

Chuckie is 4 years into the NHL and has yet to stick at center

Blame management....but at some point the player needs to force management's hands by not giving them the choice to keep him there

I'd say that he has forced them... but the coach is too dumb to realize it.

Back