• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2016-17 Season

Molasses and Michael McCarron are in a race . Care to pick a winner ?

Bartend, another Sam's !

A bientot !

Last edited:

This is really interesting/cool:

Arpon Basu:
So Max Pacioretty kept talking about the spin Andrei Markov puts on the puck as a passer. Finally I asked what he meant. Pacioretty looked at me like I was an idiot, then explained very nicely that a lefty passer's spin on the puck would go counter clockwise. That's the same direction of spin that a lefty shooter would have, and the way Markov spins it helps the shooter. But the crazy part is that Markov will intentionally dull the spin on the puck when he sets up Weber for a one-timer because he's a righty. The pass Markov made on Lehkonen's goal is an example of how smart a passer he is. Pacioretty noted most guys would zip that puck over. If he had, chances are Lehkonen can't one-time it and Lehtonen would have time to get set. Instead he made a soft pass in his wheelhouse. Pacioretty noted Markov's uncanny ability to do that, to put the puck in a shooter's wheelhouse. And he's been doing it forever.

This is really interesting/cool:

Arpon Basu:
So Max Pacioretty kept talking about the spin Andrei Markov puts on the puck as a passer. Finally I asked what he meant. Pacioretty looked at me like I was an idiot, then explained very nicely that a lefty passer's spin on the puck would go counter clockwise. That's the same direction of spin that a lefty shooter would have, and the way Markov spins it helps the shooter. But the crazy part is that Markov will intentionally dull the spin on the puck when he sets up Weber for a one-timer because he's a righty. The pass Markov made on Lehkonen's goal is an example of how smart a passer he is. Pacioretty noted most guys would zip that puck over. If he had, chances are Lehkonen can't one-time it and Lehtonen would have time to get set. Instead he made a soft pass in his wheelhouse. Pacioretty noted Markov's uncanny ability to do that, to put the puck in a shooter's wheelhouse. And he's been doing it forever.

I don't think there is a player in the NHL that does this better than him.

Back then at least there was some arguments to be had, as Kaberle was quite good in his prime, especially when paired with McCabe on the power play.

I remember those Kovalev one-timers on the PP that were set up by cross ice passes from 79.

And Cammalleri, Souray, Streit, etc.

The saddest thing is that Cammalleri and Markov never played together much on the Powerplay. He was injured for almost all of Cammalleri's time in Montreal. It would have been interesting to see markov passing to Cammalleri.

The saddest thing is that Cammalleri and Markov never played together much on the Powerplay. He was injured for almost all of Cammalleri's time in Montreal. It would have been interesting to see markov passing to Cammalleri.

Yeah they played about 1/2 season together.

Not that it matters for the standings but we have caught up to the Rangers in points. Looks like he will be facing them in the first round.

More amazing is how we are where we are despite a brutal stretch in January and early February.

I believe from all teams which making playoff we should be among few ones to have only 2 goal scorers of 20+ goal in our line up.

I believe from all teams which making playoff we should be among few ones to have only 2 goal scorers of 20+ goal in our line up.

Currently that's St.Louis, Calgary and us. Boston have only 3. Tampa only 2 for now.

Back