• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2016-17 Season

I thought Hudon was injured? What's the status with him?

Its freaking weird... a weeks and a half ago they said he broke his sternum in practice. As long as he is injured and unable to play, they wouldn't be able to send him to the AHL. He's now down in the AHL and practicing. A broken sternum is usually a lot longer than a 10 day injury, though I'd ask Cheliosity on that to be sure, but really at first glance it seems like they exaggerated his injury.

He was coming off a run of strong games when he got hurt too.

Really weird.

Its freaking weird... a weeks and a half ago they said he broke his sternum in practice. As long as he is injured and unable to play, they wouldn't be able to send him to the AHL. He's now down in the AHL and practicing. A broken sternum is usually a lot longer than a 10 day injury, though I'd ask Cheliosity on that to be sure, but really at first glance it seems like they exaggerated his injury.

He was coming off a run of strong games when he got hurt too.

Really weird.

There's something this management doesn't like about him, what it is has everyone scratching their heads because in the few games he's played he's been effective.

By the looks of things Hudon will get dealt this year.

Not that common of an injury as you probably know. I havent managed a return-to-play personally for this injury and the (good) literature for a return is scarce. The bottom line with a sternal fracture is that you are mostly concerned with the thoracic organs when you see this injury (usually eg. in an MVC). Obviously this was not the case with Hudon and so we are just waiting for healing of the bone and associated pain control.

So,like anything , there are varying degrees of sternal injury. This can be a very stable injury with no displacement, etc. God knows what they saw on XR to call it a fracture. Could be a hairline with very little damage Maybe it required CT because it was very small. In this case its just about when he can manage the pain, not unlike a stable (minor) rib fracture.

Educated speculation here, but if he is actually returning to contact than it was a very minor insult to bone, the pain is manageable, and the bone has been deemed stable. Who knows, he may not be ready for contact for some time, but no reason not to get his legs and timing up.

Not that common of an injury as you probably know. I havent managed a return-to-play personally for this injury and the (good) literature for a return is scarce. The bottom line with a sternal fracture is that you are mostly concerned with the thoracic organs when you see this injury (usually eg. in an MVC). Obviously this was not the case with Hudon and so we are just waiting for healing of the bone and associated pain control.

So,like anything , there are varying degrees of sternal injury. This can be a very stable injury with no displacement, etc. God knows what they saw on XR to call it a fracture. Could be a hairline with very little damage Maybe it required CT because it was very small. In this case its just about when he can manage the pain, not unlike a stable (minor) rib fracture.

Educated speculation here, but if he is actually returning to contact than it was a very minor insult to bone, the pain is manageable, and the bone has been deemed stable. Who knows, he may not be ready for contact for some time, but no reason not to get his legs and timing up.

Thanks for the insight..... Now for the legals to compliment that...

According to the CBA, he couldn't be sent to St. John's if he wasn't cleared for contact. He was injured while in the NHL, he'd have to stay in the NHL, and be paid NHL salary until he was healthy enough to return.

Now if hurt, yes they could send him down under a rehab designation, but that would be time limited, and he'd still be on NHL salary and NHL salary cap... they didn't. They sent him down as if he's fully ready to play in the AHL. So he must be cleared for contact.

That doesn't say anything about future plans to call him up or not after he gets in some games... but it does tell me he's cleared for contact or they couldn't send him down and clear him off the books, legally.

There's something this management doesn't like about him, what it is has everyone scratching their heads because in the few games he's played he's been effective.

By the looks of things Hudon will get dealt this year.

kind of like how Bergevin was with Louis Leblanc when he totally eviscerated him on 24Ch.

Thanks for the insight..... Now for the legals to compliment that...

According to the CBA, he couldn't be sent to St. John's if he wasn't cleared for contact. He was injured while in the NHL, he'd have to stay in the NHL, and be paid NHL salary until he was healthy enough to return.

Now if hurt, yes they could send him down under a rehab designation, but that would be time limited, and he'd still be on NHL salary and NHL salary cap... they didn't. They sent him down as if he's fully ready to play in the AHL. So he must be cleared for contact.

That doesn't say anything about future plans to call him up or not after he gets in some games... but it does tell me he's cleared for contact or they couldn't send him down and clear him off the books, legally.

Great. I 'd like to see how he does between 67 and 47

kind of like how Bergevin was with Louis Leblanc when he totally eviscerated him on 24Ch.

Yeah but in the end he was right...this kid was missing something to be a pro hockey player at any level.

In the case of Hudon he's dominated the AHL, he'd most likely be one of the top five point getters this year

The team just announced Pateryn has a fractured ankle and is expected to miss eight weeks.

The team just announced Pateryn has a fractured ankle and is expected to miss eight weeks.

I will never understand why some players turn their legs sideways when trying to block a shot. You have protection in front of you, but very little on the side or the back of the leg.

Yeah but in the end he was right...this kid was missing something to be a pro hockey player at any level.

In the case of Hudon he's dominated the AHL, he'd most likely be one of the top five point getters this year
Maybe but be was decent in 2011-2012. Then Bergevin came in, eviscerated him and he was never the same.

Back