• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2016-17 Season

Thomas was incredible but he had help down the middle. Bergeron and Krecji were both monsters in that Cup run.

Price has Danault as his #1 centre

Yes....so even more reason to hope Price is Price if we hope to win

For the record, I was against hiring another uber-defensive-minded coach........this team needs a middle-ground....a more balanced coaching style. Not another Lemaire....

For the record . . . there is no record here.

His point was that Price alone won't be enough. He's right.

nobody is denying it....but what can you do ? You won't land a Malkin tomorrow morning....so you pray that Price plays out of his mind good (think JS Giguere 2003)....and even then, Giguere lost

nobody is denying it....but what can you do ? You won't land a Malkin tomorrow morning....so you pray that Price plays out of his mind good (think JS Giguere 2003)....and even then, Giguere lost

If MB acquires Hanzal and a partner for Weber, we can cause some damage in the playoffs.

Only if that partner is Shattenkirk RH and all.

Habs aren't that great right now.

I really want see Hudon with some talented players and i am pretty convinced the kid can keep it up with them. If DD did in his good days why not him?

Last edited:

Only if that partner is Shattenkirk RH and all.

Habs aren't that great right now.

Supposedly Shattenkirk has already vetoed at least 3 trades. Including a trade to Tampa and a new 42 million dollar contract from the Bolts for 7 years. Seems almost impossible to get him.

Supposedly Shattenkirk has already vetoed at least 3 trades. Including a trade to Tampa and a new 42 million dollar contract from the Bolts for 7 years. Seems almost impossible to get him.

He wants Boston/NYR or a team with a better shot than STL to win this year. That window has to be REAL small.

He wants Boston/NYR or a team with a better shot than STL to win this year. That window has to be REAL small.

I think he was dumb to refuse the Tampa deal. Tampa has a lot of good players and should be competitive for years.

Habs News & Notes: 2016-17 Season

I think he was dumb to refuse the Tampa deal. Tampa has a lot of good players and should be competitive for years.
So will NYR, they will play more $, and he's a North easterner from the NY area and lives on the other side of the sound in southern CT.

He might regret it like Vanek regrets the Islanders offer.....

That'll teach him to listen to his wife

My problem with mcguire is that hes wanted a gm job for a long time but never was willing to sacrifice to do so.

He was offered numerous assistant gm jobs but turned them down.

That was the opportunity to apprentice and learn the inner workings of the salary cap and everything that changed since he was last in the league.

Yes it would have been less money... but if its your dream job you have to sacrifice

Carey meeting Ken Dryden when Carey was 8.

121833ef3eb8f44da1a8b8abdf6f0fbe.jpg

Back