• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2016-17 Season

Ladd ought to be 5 years max at 5m per. Otherwise hit the trade market for an Eberle, Bjugstad, Nash etc and pay the price. Free assets can be a poisonous gift.

Jamie McGinn a very underrated ufa. Arguably why bother going after Shaw when we could have McGinn for free (the HP approach)?

It really angers me that MB was not able to secure top 6 talent before this off season. There are going to be a number of talented players that sign for pennies on the dollar at the end of this summer.

He needs to find a way to dump dead weight.

Ladd ought to be 5 years max at 5m per. Otherwise hit the trade market for an Eberle, Bjugstad, Nash etc and pay the price. Free assets can be a poisonous gift.
Don't seem to understand the concept, Habs have to pay a premium for all players. Once there is even 1-other team interested in an asset, the price tag for the Habs to sign increases.

what happened to the Kypreos Malkin rumors?

Not a fan of Ladd. Will never be worth the money he will ask, even for the first few years. He will never sign for $5M/year so I pass on him big time.

Canucks only get slap on wrist for tampering. $50k fine for Benning being an ass regarding Subban.

Canucks only get slap on wrist for tampering. $50k fine for Benning being an ass regarding Subban.

To put things in perspective, you can carve a guy's eye out with your stick and be fined much less than $50K, if you get fined at all.

If you're Justin Williams you don't even get a minor penalty.

To put things in perspective, you can carve a guy's eye out with your stick and be fined much less than $50K, if you get fined at all.

If you're Justin Williams you don't even get a minor penalty.

[video=youtube;349jPwuyUBs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=349jPwuyUBs[/video]

Sure he can finish 5 years as what ? A 30 point third liner making 6 mil, Carr can do that at 1 mil .

He and Lucic won't age gracefully in 2 years .

Look at Vanek , Minny signed him for the right term 3 years .

He showed his decline last year and they bought him out for his his last year , no big deal .

We make a massive UFA mistake it's Dustin Brown 2.0, and good luck dealing with that later on .

If he can give us 4 20+goals/50pts season before that, I won't care too much about the 5th year.

Possible lines next year?

Max-AG-Radulov
Carr-Plekanec-Gallagher
McCarron/DLR-DD-Shaw
Danault-Mitchell-Byron
Flynn/Ghetto

I'd like an upgrade on lw on that second line. Or maybe shaw can play lw. Carr would be a good third line left winger.

Yeah I'd love one too. It's weird to have depth at RW all of a sudden.

There is also a few wildcards in Sherbak, Lehkonen and Reway.

Back