• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

Gotta hope that putting Drouin on the wing next year with a bonafied center will get him going because that trade could really look bad

Unless we land CMD I dont see Drubust doing anything next year but a modest improvement over this horrendous season .

Lernout has been called up after Valiev went down in the Panthers game.

Oils wanted no part of PK and his contract .

Yeah, I heard that they couldn't add that contract to their payroll with the raises for Mcdavid and Draisaitl.

That would have been 30 million dollars a year for three players.

Yeah, I heard that they couldn't add that contract to their payroll with the raises for Mcdavid and Draisaitl.

Like the Habs are gonna have with Price, Weber and Traveras?

Ferraro put it best and said there was no home run deal for PK . Teams didnt want the contract and some didnt want the attitude and there is nothing wrong the contract as it takes him to 33 still in his prime .

Nashville had nothing to lose , the cap penalty is on them so lets try to get better now and deal with it later .

Numb nuts put himself in a corner when he went all in , 6 was all he could get to find a # 1D in return.

It made perfect sense for Poile not for us .

I can't believe people are still talking about Tavares, even in jest. Always remember the Iron Law of Elite Level Free Agents: If the Habs want a player and even ONE other team also wants him, that player will NEVER sign with the Habs.

Tavares is elite and if he opts for free agency plenty of other teams are going to want him. Ergo, the Habs never had a chance to get him and will be stuck with Plan D once again.

Oils wanted no part of PK and his contract .

That's what happens when 2 bad GMs tries to make a deal together. Subban for Hall would have been a win for both sides. Instead they each lost their deal.

I can't believe people are still talking about Tavares, even in jest. Always remember the Iron Law of Elite Level Free Agents: If the Habs want a player and even ONE other team also wants him, that player will NEVER sign with the Habs.

Tavares is elite and if he opts for free agency plenty of other teams are going to want him. Ergo, the Habs never had a chance to get him and will be stuck with Plan D once again.

oh we will be in the mix, mostly to drive up the price Tavares gets

That's what happens when 2 bad GMs tries to make a deal together. Subban for Hall would have been a win for both sides. Instead they each lost their deal.

Totally agreed GW , we could of taken Hall and a cap filler off their hands . We get an elite LW , they get a 1D to go with Nurse .

CapSpace.jpg

Back