• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

Pacioretty has one less goal than he did at this point last season.

Although I guess he started to play with Radulov more when Galchenyuk went down.

And? Other than demonstrating that he was bad up to this point last season too what exactly are you trying to say? That he'll finish with 30 goals again because he overcame a bad first half last season? There's no way to know that.

Last edited:

And? Other than demonstrating that he was bad up to this point last season too what exactly are you trying to say? That he'll finish with 30 goals again because he overcame a bad first half last season? There's no way to know that.

that is true, but we also know with Max, that he might go ten games without a goal, people crap on him, all want him traded, then he will get seven in five or ten in seven and we love him again.

you and I might be dead in five years, but damn when you are sitting at 9.5 million of cap space and you let two of your better players go over money, it hurts

Bergevin is in a desperate win mode now.....he would have used his cap space already, but because he didn't, it means 2 things: 1) either Molson wanted to keep that money, or 2) they are gonna make a run at a dmen and forward at trade deadline.

At the deadline, 9.5 mil can get you 2 players making 8M (over the full season)....Giroux for example, and a good dmen

I don't want Giroux, but I'm not the one deciding....

Being well below the cap is simply ridiculous. Geoff is cheap.

Being well below the cap is simply ridiculous. Geoff is cheap.

this is a business....

just like in the NFL, trying to build a winner won't necessarily make u more money

My Dolphins are the perfect example

MB is a trade talk whore and Molson is a lap dog. The reason they still have this cap space is because they dont have any depth to make a trade that matters.

Read the rest of the quote. It shows how good Radulov is ya banana.

that is true, but we also know with Max, that he might go ten games without a goal, people crap on him, all want him traded, then he will get seven in five or ten in seven and we love him again.

Max is Max...when he’ll get hot the three stretches during the year it will allow him to get the bulk of his goals.

Most snipers are streaky, its reality, but when some of the better scorers are cold they bring other elements to the table that allow them to contribute.

When Max gets cold I dont exactly see what he brings to the table.

I’ll take an example,

When Phil Kessel gets cold He is bringing playmaking ability which is why you still see this guy getting 45-50 assists.

Wayne Simmonds gets cold but he is still a physical force playing in traffic and going to the net.

Heck even when Brendan Gallagher is not scoring we still see his value due to his energy.

Max has no real other attributes that make him valuable in these slumps.

I think thats why he gets the criticism he does when he goes cold in the regular season and playoffs

Honestly guys, of all the teams that are currently in the playoffs in the East, I'm not sure what team Montreal is better than and will pass to get in.

Why do we continue to sit on so much cap space ? Can someone please tell the venerable Lapin the answer ? Serious answers only please.

Bartend, another Sam`s !

A bientot !

Why do we continue to sit on so much cap space ? Can someone please tell the venerable Lapin the answer ? Serious answers only please.

Bartend, another Sam`s !

A bientot !

There's no point in trading for players now...after Xmas, when half the season has gone by, Bergevin can try to trade for a top dmen and a top 6 forward. Our cap space will allow us to absorb 2 big contracts (8M+ each).

Of course, Bergevin has to find a salary dump dmen and forward. It won't be Tavares...but maybe Giroux...and maybe a top 4 dmen underachieving elsewhere that a team wants to dump his big salary. You usually don't need to give up much in terms of prospects to get those players...I'm sure Flyers would like to unload Giroux...I'm sure Anaheim is already thinking of unloading Perry's big contract (maybe this summer if they come up short again in playoffs)

(btw, I don't want Giroux)

There's no point in trading for players now...after Xmas, when half the season has gone by, Bergevin can try to trade for a top dmen and a top 6 forward. Our cap space will allow us to absorb 2 big contracts (8M+ each).

Of course, Bergevin has to find a salary dump dmen and forward. It won't be Tavares...but maybe Giroux...and maybe a top 4 dmen underachieving elsewhere that a team wants to dump his big salary.

(I don't want Giroux)

We can take on even more than that.... but unless you're OK with completely emptying the cupboard to remain mediocre, we don't have the assets to do this.

There no reason to trade young players or assets until after the rebuild take places and we are close to be a Stanley Cup contender.

I KNOW A REBUILD LIKELY WON'T HAPPEN!

We can take on even more than that.... but unless you're OK with completely emptying the cupboard to remain mediocre, we don't have the assets to do this.

There no reason to trade young players or assets until after the rebuild take places and we are close to be a Stanley Cup contender.

I KNOW A REBUILD LIKELY WON'T HAPPEN!

Which means we can disregard everything you wrote before that

In fact, knowing Molson's strategy of ''statu quo'', Bergy might not even want to make a run....he might just be happy with squeaking into the playoffs.

Low expectations, but still delivering some results (playoffs), people keep coming back....

Take out the word "LIKELY" and then disregard everything above that sentence.

Bergevin will find a way to waste... err...I mean, spend that cap space and I too hope that it isn't spent on the washed up Claude Giroux but it probably will be him.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Back