• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

People have been making excuses for 5 years for Galchenyuk, so I'm pretty sure that's allowed. Thing is, he also shoulder some (a lot) of the blame.

Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

Galchenyuk has been very good for 4.5 of the 5 years.
I realize Habs desperately need their #3 overall pick in 2012 to be successful, but reality is:
- terrible WJC tournament started as 1st line C and demoted to 4th line within a couple of games, solid rookie 2012-2013 NHL season
- mediocre 2013-2014 NHL season
- slightly above mediocre in 2014-2015, and awful playoffs
- took off and scored 30 in 15-16 post New Year when the team was all but eliminated, but good season nonetheless
- mediocre season last year but will cut slack for possibly not being fully recovered from injury

So 2.5 good season of 5....

His defensive IQ has marginally improved (at best!) in 5-NHL seasons. He’s either a very poor learner / lacks learning capability or just doesn’t care, either way that does not bode well for the NHL - which is system based play.

He’s dominant at 3-on-3 because it’s not NHL system based hockey - it’s junior muffin hockey like the KHL.

Last edited:

8 in 33 games for Max under Julien
5 in 34 games for AG under Julien

I think we have a coaching problem.

And we will for many years to come.

All those years watching therrien outcoach Boston or outplayed Boston yet we jumped on him when he became available. The same guy that preferred to use slow big guys only to get burned by the speedy habs.

Meh.

All those years watching therrien outcoach Boston or outplayed Boston yet we jumped on him when he became available. The same guy that preferred to use slow big guys only to get burned by the speedy habs.

Meh.
The coach cannot put the puck in the net ... the players do. He is letting them play fairly wide open hockey. This is not on the coach his players have no finish
t

I realize Habs desperately need their #3 overall pick in 2012 to be successful, but reality is:
- terrible WJC tournament started as 1st line C and demoted to 4th line within a couple of games, solid rookie 2012-2013 NHL season
- took off and scored 30 in 15-16 post New Year when the team was all but eliminated, but good season nonetheless
- mediocre season last year but will cut slack for possibly not being fully recovered from injury

His defensive IQ has marginally improved (at best!) in 5-NHL seasons. He’s either a very poor learner / lacks learning capability or just doesn’t care, either way that does not bode well for the NHL - which is system based play.

He’s dominant at 3-on-3 because it’s not NHL system based hockey - it’s junior muffin hockey like the KHL.

That's all fine and dandy. But how but just let him be the TYPE of player he is and stop dicking him around. Just for shits and giggles:

Put him on wing.
Keep him on wing.
Don't even mention the word centre in his presence.
Put him in the top 6 where he belongs.
And have his ****ing linemates cover for him on D.

Since ****ing when did everyone on the friggin roster have to be a 200ft player? Can you imagine Brett Hull on this team?! :lol

Meh.
You don't have to tell me, he was one of the few coach that Therrien was able to outcoach regularly. I've never been a fan.

Meh.
In fairness, Dauterive beat everyone but us.

I don't consider 60 point season PPG wise "mediocre".

You don't have to tell me, he was one of the few coach that Therrien was able to outcoach regularly. I've never been a fan.

Yep....keep hiring Jacques Lemaire coaches over and over again

Cant be, we had to get rid of Mad Mike....
Mike's time was up no doubt. I just don't like Julien as a coach, never had. So far he has proven to be completely clueless.

But I also think MT was better than he was given credit for. He got about the most he could out of this bunch.

Mike's time was up no doubt. I just don't like Julien as a coach, never had. So far he has proven to be completely clueless.

But I also think MT was better than he was given credit for. He got about the most he could out of this bunch.

At the end of the day, Julien won a Cup while Therrien failed to win a Cup even with Crosby and Malkin on the roster.

At the end of the day, Julien won a Cup while Therrien failed to win a Cup even with Crosby and Malkin on the roster.
And Staal as #3C, Letang on D.....

This love for an intellectually void buffoon limited to a < 50-word vocabulary and incapable of constructing a semi-articulate sentence in any language is baffling.

Back