• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

I think the narrative here goes back to another stupid comment from MB back in the day as to how difficult it is to acquire top two centers via trade or UFA.

Didn't he go as far as to say it's close to impossible and that you need to draft them?

Well let's put things into perspective.

Nashville had a similar issue putting together a solid center line.

Three years ago they had Ribeiro and Mike Fisher as their top two.

Well Poile went to work and today they have Johansen, Turris and Bonino...not a bad trio acquired via trade and UFA for Bonino

Forget a third line C in Bonino , we had no Jones and what were we going to offer for Turris in that 3 way deal ? Turris wasnt going to ink a 6 year deal for us and I wasnt going to give him one .

Forget a third line C in Bonino , we had no Jones and what were we going to offer for Turris in that 3 way deal ? Turris wasnt going to ink a 6 year deal for us and I wasnt going to give him one .

Who cares? Nashville had a issue, they went out and addressed it.

Montreal has a issue, have done sweet **** all.

Jerabek has been recalled from Laval.

About time... Carr should be joining him too though.

One would assume that Weber wants to play in front of the fans in Nashville.

Maybe there'll be a video tribute.

Looks like Niemi is starting tonight and Mete could be a scratch.

With the Jerabek callup and Schlemko back skating with the team, seems inevitable that Mete will be going back to London.

Point is that you can acquire #1 or #2 center via trade.

Looks like Niemi is starting tonight and Mete could be a scratch.

With the Jerabek callup and Schlemko back skating with the team, seems inevitable that Mete will be going back to London.

Maybe now that Jerabek-Schlemko will be playing, it'll stabilize our 2nd-3rd pairings, allowing Weber-Mete to breath a bit more as the 1st pairing.

But I don't expect Habs management to be that smart...

Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

Mete is getting man handled physically in his zone, its time to let him play WJC and back to junior for the remainder of this season. Jerabek will likely end up with Weber at some point in the next month

The I told you Sos from Baldy will be loud.

I would keep Mete just to spite Baldy.

In my view, he has nothing more to learn in junior. We would have burned one year of his ELC for nothing. Yeah I know, if he doesn't play 41 games, we don't lose a year of UFA but really, UFA at 26 or 27, who cares.

Maybe now that Jerabek-Schlemko will be playing, it'll stabilize our 2nd-3rd pairings, allowing Weber-Mete to breath a bit more as the 1st pairing.

But I don't expect Habs management to be that smart...

I have absolutely no expectations for Schlemko. He was a bottom pair guy in San Jose so if he can play 10 minutes a game on the 3rd pair for us, that will likely be his ceiling

Mete is getting man handled physically in his zone, its time to let him play WJC and back to junior for the remainder of this season. Jerabek will likely end up with Weber at some point in the next month

He should of got his 9 game cup of coffee and be sent down , no need to burn a year of term . He Jerabek should of been up sooner .

Back