• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

Mete was on the 3rd D pairing in practice today. Morrow was the odd man out.

As I mentioned, it's not entirely fair to Drouin. He's being misused.

He also been injured, hasn't quite been the same since coming back from the injury

Shaw missed practice today, therapy day. And with the absence of Danault , these bizzare line combos.

Galchenyuk - Drouin - Carr
Pacioretty - Byron - Hudon
Lehkonen - Plekanec - Gallagher
Deslauriers - De La Rose - Froese

If Chuckie is not dealt this summer, I think Julien will put him at center next year.

Management’s ego seem to be the main reason for preferring guys like JDL and McCarron over Chuckie in the past 2 years

Even when we were decimated by injuries, they still preferred 4th liners over Chuckie playing center...if that’s not Bergy’s ego being afraid of looking like a fool, i don’t know what is ?

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Byron
Carr - Drouin - Gallagher
Hudon - Plekanec - Lehkonen
Deslauriers - De La Rose - Froese

I'd go Drouin-Galchenyuk-Carr.

Drouin is god awful at Centre.

I'm not too concerned about winning this season so I don't care who centres the second line with Pacioretty and Gallagher.

Drouin-Chucky-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Hudon-Shaw
Byron-Plekanec-Lehkonen
Delauriers-Froese-Carr

Looks fine to me.

My issue is that it's time to pull the plug on the Drouin at C experiment. It failed.

From the team:

Medical update: Andrew Shaw suffered a lower-body injury on January 13 against Boston. He will be out indefinitely and his condition will be re-evaluated in 7-10 days.

No Danault or Shaw, this is the time to move Chucky back to the middle.

Chucky was among the leaders in the league at center before he got injured and yet they refuse to put him back there. Drouin has been greatly underachieving at center yet they stick with him. Doesn't make much sense.

Injury update #2 from the team:

Medical update: Phillip Danault: concussion-like symptoms. His condition will be re-evaluated on a daily basis.

Chucky was among the leaders in the league at center before he got injured and yet they refuse to put him back there. Drouin has been greatly underachieving at center yet they stick with him. Doesn't make much sense.

While not doing great, Drouin is better than Chucky defensively at center (yes I know, not saying much). Compound that with Bergevin trying to prove he was right trading for Drouin and you have your answer.

Back