• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

So how long before Bergevin actually tries using injuries as an excuse for this team?

While not doing great, Drouin is better than Chucky defensively at center (yes I know, not saying much). Compound that with Bergevin trying to prove he was right trading for Drouin and you have your answer.

Yeah, I get that but it still doesn't make much sense. Bergevin would look much better if Drouin was producing, even on the wing.

So, Drouin and Chucky are on the same line at practice today... but de la Rose is centering the line.

Drouin - de la Rose - Galchenyuk

So, Drouin and Chucky are on the same line at practice today... but de la Rose is centering the line.

Drouin - de la Rose - Galchenyuk

Which poster will be the first one today to uselessly chime in with "they should play Chucky" at center?

Slight update... Drouin says the plan is for him to play RW with Chucky staying at LW for now.

How could that possibly be any worse?

What difference does it make at this point?

Might as well see what De la Rose can do with these guys, he's on his last legs with the organization anyway. I'm expecting him to be traded by the summer, probably in some larger deal.

My top line would be Drouin-Price-Chuckie. Price would bring size and defensive awareness to the position.

As some point, you gotta accept the hand that you have.....Drouin-Chuckie are defensively liable, just try to play them against weaker lines, and play Max's line against top lines. It won't be fun on the road, but you hope that by allowing them to play their game to the max, you will get more goals-for than goals-against

We have wasted 5 years of Chuckie...we could've had 30 goals from Chuckie almost every year if they allowed him to play his game....we have Weber-Price making close to 20M to help prevent goals (yes, i know it's not that simple....but for Bergy it seems to be that simple when he makes his trades and gives out contracts)

Last edited:

How could that possibly be any worse?

What difference does it make at this point?

Might as well see what De la Rose can do with these guys, he's on his last legs with the organization anyway. I'm expecting him to be traded by the summer, probably in some larger deal.

We know it will be nothing as he has no offensive ability whatsoever. I expect him to have a game or two with a couple of points and some fans in social media will get excited over him. However, we know how it turns out for him.

Again though it appears our GM was loose with the truth when he said right now Drouin is best option at centre. Two games later, he is on wing with a centre who lacks any offence. He still will not allow 27 at centre because he is too stubborn.

Even the Al Davis in a track suit Raiders teams thinks we are dysfunctional

We know it will be nothing as he has no offensive ability whatsoever. I expect him to have a game or two with a couple of points and some fans in social media will get excited over him. However, we know how it turns out for him.

Again though it appears our GM was loose with the truth when he said right now Drouin is best option at centre. Two games later, he is on wing with a centre who lacks any offence. He still will not allow 27 at centre because he is too stubborn.

Even the Al Davis in a track suit Raiders teams thinks we are dysfunctional

Bergy's ego is certainly front and center...

I believe next year Julien will want to do things entirely his way, and Chuckie will be back at center (unless Bergy trades him before then).

Julien will also need to get his own assistants....

So DLR and Byron are the two top C of Habs, who have thought of this? For sure creativity is not lacking in this organisation :)

Last edited:

Although, Forsberg swears that his buddy de la Rose can put up the points at the NHL level if he's given the chance.

Back