• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

Although the Blues did not overpay for Brayden Schenn.

Both of us agree....but remember how the majority here thought it was crazy price to pay for Schenn when the deal happened

Wouldn’t we look better with him in our top 6 ? Imagine Schenn-Radulov-Max-Drouin-Chuckie

But narrow-minded “grit and character-first” GMs can’t seem to figure these things out

Schenn would have 10 points with us and we would be bitching about how we wasted 2 first round picks on him.

Can you imagine us being in this position and having traded our 1st round pick away???

Drouin trade was more about adding a so called ''French Star'' that they were desperately looking for, for almost two decades. Another emotional move, now wait and see how Sergachev dominate in this league, a bit à la McDo but with more offensive talent.

Drouin trade was more about adding a so called ''French Star'' that they were desperately looking for, for almost two decades. Another emotional move, now wait and see how Sergachev dominate in this league, a bit à la McDo but with more offensive talent.

Drouin can be a dynamic offensive player. But maybe not with the Habs.

Drouin can be a dynamic offensive player. But maybe not with the Habs.

Ask yourself this question. Will Drouin even become better than Radulov at his prime? I don't thinks so. Was Radulov or any top 6 winger worth of trading a future franchise defender for? The only reason justifying this trade was people who have assmed Drouin will become our no1 C which we were looking for for two decades, so far the Chucky's problem in C remain with Drouin as well.

Drouin is a legit top line talent, all the skills in the world, but he's not a Crosby/McDavid/Matthews/Tavares type to make a huge difference by himself. But I don't think Sergachev is either.

Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

In the last 20-years Habs have drafted and/or developed the following 1st pairing Dman: Markov, McDonagh, Subban, Sergachev. They have drafted and/or developed the following 1st line forwards......Max.

This org has a certain Achilles heel...

Drouin being Francophone was not the primary reason for his acquisition, natural offensive talent was, his linguistic lineage was only a bonus. The issue is the GM who’s been stressing the importance of Dman since his arrival in 2012 has a putrid record drafting & developing Dman during his tenure. Had the Habs drafted any of Gostisbhere, Parayko, Theodore, Larsson, in MBs first 3-drafts The “Sergachev-effect” would’ve been lessened greatly,

BTW - Stay at home Dman, Kevin Lowe used to rack up points on the 80’s Oilers... Sergachev’s stats are a function of the team he plays for.

Last edited:

In the last 20-years Habs have drafted and/or developed the following 1st pairing Dman: Markov, McDonagh, Subban, Sergachev. They have drafted and/or developed the following 1st line forwards......Max.

This org has a certain Achilles heel...

Drouin being Francophone was not the primary reason for his acquisition, natural offensive talent was, his linguistic lineage was only a bonus. The issue is the GM who’s been stressing the importance of Dman since his arrival in 2012 has a putrid record drafting & developing Dman during his tenure. Had the Habs drafted any of Gostisbhere, Parayko, Theodore, Larsson, in MBs first 3-drafts The “Sergachev-effect” would’ve been lessened greatly,

BTW - Stay at home Dman, Kevin Lowe used to rack up points on the 80’s Oilers... Sergachev’s stats are a function of the team he plays for.

Again it comes back to the point of he is still 22, and no one will know if he will be a consistent 70 points forward or not. While i rate his talent better than Chucky but his game has it issues as well, not that great defensively, but organisation talk less because 1) He was just traded 2) and it happened during MB time and he is still in charge of the team.

As i said before, he is a great passer but we need to score goals and he is not even top 4 Habs in level of goals.

I've found Drouin to be way better defensively than expected. Hockey IQ and vision is high but he could benefit from shooting more and holding on the puck a but less. He's doing fine a center but would likely be more productive on the wing.

Ask yourself this question. Will Drouin even become better than Radulov at his prime? I don't thinks so. Was Radulov or any top 6 winger worth of trading a future franchise defender for? The only reason justifying this trade was people who have assmed Drouin will become our no1 C which we were looking for for two decades, so far the Chucky's problem in C remain with Drouin as well.

Okay I asked myself that question - it was awkward - and my response was that Drouin in his prime will be better than Radulov.

Problem is that Radulov is his prime was playing in Russia so it's hard to tell.

Personally Drouin kinda reminds me of Giroux.

Back