• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

We know why Subban was traded. He promoted his brand over the Habs' brand. This is not the NBA...Molson wasn't too happy when he didn't use the Habs Foundation to make his 10 M donation.

His personality didn't fit well with the rest of the locker room.....which is also why he will eventually wear out his welcome in Nashville.

Finally, Price pretty much said it when he spoke after the trade: Subban didn't always follow the team plan on the ice.

Personally, I'm thrilled the Habs locker room is finally united with no disgruntled cliques to speak of. A shitty record is a small price to pay for exquisite team harmony.

McCarron will help PP as net presence but not much else.

I want to see Sherbak’s play making with Galchenyuk’s goal scoring on the same line.

Personally, I'm thrilled the Habs locker room is finally united with no disgruntled cliques to speak of. A shitty record is a small price to pay for exquisite team harmony.

It seems that since the days of Koivu-Rivet cliques, we've had issues with locker room unity...I'm certain ALL teams have these issues, but in Montreal's intense media scrutiny, everything is amplified ten-fold.

It seems that since the days of Koivu-Rivet cliques, we've had issues with locker room unity...I'm certain ALL teams have these issues, but in Montreal's intense media scrutiny, everything is amplified ten-fold.

In Montreal, a clique is defined as any group of two or more players who refuse to speak with the francophone media.

It's really hard to get 20 young dudes to get along... But who the **** cares? Just win baby. Seems to me that Bergy is more concerned about being right and solving problems that are irrelevant.

That's because he's incapable of solving the problem that is relevant... winning a cup.

Last edited:

It's really hard to get 20 young dudes to get along... But who the **** cares? Just win baby. Seems to me that Bergy is more concerned about being right and solving problems that are irrelevant.

Yup, but unfortunately his decisions have been wrong.

Me too. I'm very happy that the circle jerks include the whole team now. Winning is secondary.

Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

Courtesy of Grant McCagg:

1/ This week 9 players drafted by the #Habs since 2012 will be playing in the NHL. One team in entire NHL (CBJ w 10) will have more.

2/ CBJ has had 6 top 20 picks since 2012...Habs 2. CBJ eight 1st rd picks...Habs 6. The fallacy is the Habs have drafted poorly is false.

At least 5 will be playing in top 6 fwd/top 4 D roles this week in the NHL...so not just grinders either. CGY/COL have 3 total picks in NHL.

We all know player development, AHL and lower, is a real issue. As are the geniuses making the decisions.

Dave Stubbs:

+1 GM Bergevin declining interview request today is not sinister; usually addresses media at golf tourney, trade deadline, postmortem, draft

referring to the public dislike of his play and the fact that he won't be playing for a short time, not attacking the person or his brain....

Bergevin interview request from Eric Engels:

Engels.gif

Also... someone may want this one as an avatar:

"What's it like to be a Habs fan right now?"

Me...

DAHABS.gif

Back