• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

It's harder at some things - but the things Chuck struggles with are more unique to a winger (board battles, etc).

He struggles on board battles but it's mainly his lack of situational awareness at center that prevents him from having the coach confidence in that role.

Meh. He's fine defensively at C and better offensively. And he's not a total dumpster fire at faceoffs like Drouin is.

He's not great defensively by any means at center but I still prefer him there because the offensive production is there. Drouin has been a huge disappointment so far.

He struggles on board battles but it's mainly his lack of situational awareness at center that prevents him from having the coach confidence in that role.

“Lack of situational awareness” is a nice euphemism for saying he’s a dope on the ice, which he is unfortunately is.

He's not great defensively by any means at center but I still prefer him there because the offensive production is there. Drouin has been a huge disappointment so far.

It is frustrating that the habs (and largely the NHL) focus sooo much on defense.

Chuck is not great at D. But...

a) put players in a position to succeed
b) the habs have Price to make up for chuck sucking defensively
c) the habs have Weber to make up for chuck sucking defensively
d) put a more defensively strong winger on the line
e) the habs cant score so the focus should be on developing offense
f) we have nothing else even close to a first line centre so deal with it

I would rather put 27 at centre with 92 on left wing on the line with some big right wing defensive guy than putting 25 who is useless between 27 and 92. It took Dauterive about 25 minutes to tell Nero that his order to put 25 at centre on the top line was borderline mentally challenged.

I seriously believe there is not a good evaluation of talents in this team. It is part of it due to lots of media attention that players get, after few good performance they make god of player and few bad performance is enough to destroy the same player.
Everyone thought Chucky will be a star, which he will never be one, same as Drouin, this is wrong evaluation by management, i mean it is ok, and it happens to lots of team, but great or good teams manage to repair these kind of errors, Habs continue doing same kind of mistakes.

Same applies to Hudon(not sure if the guy could still bd in line-up if he wasn't a local boy), he is not a top 6, and we have too many small players for our bottom 6 anyway who give way more production than him. Lehkonen, BigMac, JDLR are other examples and the list goes on and on.

I remember the day of BigMac draft, Timmins and some others said, we are hoping to get another Lucici in BigMac lol.

It is frustrating that the habs (and largely the NHL) focus sooo much on defense.

Chuck is not great at D. But...

a) put players in a position to succeed
b) the habs have Price to make up for chuck sucking defensively
c) the habs have Weber to make up for chuck sucking defensively
d) put a more defensively strong winger on the line
e) the habs cant score so the focus should be on developing offense
f) we have nothing else even close to a first line centre so deal with it

It too obvious, one must think outside of the box. DLR as a first line center kind of out of the box.

I seriously believe there is not a good evaluation of talents in this team. It is part of it due to lots of media attention that players get, after few good performance they make god of player and few bad performance is enough to destroy the same player.
Everyone thought Chucky will be a star, which he will never be one, same as Drouin, this is wrong evaluation by management, i mean it is ok, and it happens to lots of team, but great or good teams manage to repair these kind of errors, Habs continue doing same kind of mistakes.

Same applies to Hudon(not sure if the guy could still bd in line-up if he wasn't a local boy), he is not a top 6, and we have too many small players for our bottom 6 anyway who give way more production than him. Lehkonen, BigMac, JDLR are other examples and the list goes on and on.

I remember the day of BigMac draft, Timmins and some others said, we are hoping to get another Lucici in BigMac lol.

I thought Hudon has been one of our best forward this year, and it has nothing to do with him being local. Ideally he's a 3rd line guy though but he does a little bit of everything.

I thought Hudon has been one of our best forward this year, and it has nothing to do with him being local. Ideally he's a 3rd line guy though but he does a little bit of everything.

Its habs25.

Just like with price, he's developed a hate on for hudon.

At this point, nothing anyone can say, no amount of facts or evidence to the contrary will change his mind.

He's good at everything except scoring... just like the other dozen forwards on the team.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Back