• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

Galchenyuk is probably going to end up leading the team in scorimg (50-60 points) while playing a brand new position.

Galchenyuk is probably going to end up leading the team in scorimg (50-60 points) while playing a brand new position.

First, playing wing is not a new position for him. Second, I love how you cherry pick the stats. you care about depending on the player. Third, 27 is a dumb hockey player. Probably always wiil be. He gets by on his considerable skills.

He's been a winger before and there is no real learning curve to playing wing...it's the position any NHL forward can play

Did you guys ever play hockey - or at least in the last 20 years? Being a winger requires more physicality along the boards (including defensively) and a stronger overall compete level. Galchenyuk doesn't shine in those sports. Yet he's still gonna put up 50-60 points.

Good on him.

He's been a winger most of his career, even in juniors, how is that a new position for him?

Did you guys ever play hockey - or at least in the last 20 years? Being a winger requires more physicality along the boards (including defensively) and a stronger overall compete level. Galchenyuk doesn't shine in those sports. Yet he's still gonna put up 50-60 points.

Good on him.

I've actually played hockey at a pretty high level and I can tell you flat out that playing center is harder than playing wing.

Having said that any forward playing in the NHL can play wing without there being as significant a learning curve as center.

So saying that Galchenyuk is doing what he is doing while learning to play wing is trying to make us think he's doing something pretty special when it really isn't.

He's been a winger most of his career, even in juniors, how is that a new position for him?

from my understanding he played centre in junior but did not take faceoffs

but ya - it is not a new position but it is the one he is worse at

from my understanding he played centre in junior but did not take faceoffs

but ya - it is not a new position but it is the one he is worse at
Played a bit of both from what I could tell.

I've actually played hockey at a pretty high level and I can tell you flat out that playing center is harder than playing wing.

Having said that any forward playing in the NHL can play wing without there being as significant a learning curve as center.

So saying that Galchenyuk is doing what he is doing while learning to play wing is trying to make us think he's doing something pretty special when it really isn't.

It's harder at some things - but the things Chuck struggles with are more unique to a winger (board battles, etc).

Played a bit of both from what I could tell.

Bingo Ringo ! He did play some centre but he spent more time on the wing than at centre . Nathan MacKinnon centred the line for the most part .

Bartend , another Sam's !

A bientot !

It's harder at some things - but the things Chuck struggles with are more unique to a winger (board battles, etc).

He struggles at that too and that's due to strength but he would also have that issue at center.

His main struggles are hockey IQ related and with where to be in the defensive zone for coverage and positioning.

This is pretty much what has turned off Therrien and Julien from using at center unfortunately.

He was better at C than he is on the wing defensively. His plus/minus was good until this season. If we care about plus/minus....

I am not gonna bust on our scarce talent pool because they cant play D sometimes.

This management team has not insulated them with the right players. They have them playing out of position and set up for failure.

The organizations mind set as a whole needs an enema because they all have shit for brains.

I am not gonna bust on our scarce talent pool because they cant play D sometimes.

This management team has not insulated them with the right players. They have them playing out of position and set up for failure.

The organizations mind set as a whole needs an enema because they all have shit for brains.

To me this post says it all.

There has been little to no player development done at the NHL level.

When you have a player like AG you to have to do some teaching and on defense too.

Back