• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

He hasn't scored 15 goals in nearly a decade , he is finished as a contributor and we keep picking up these slugs.

Even in his peak, he was barely getting 20 goals, he was never a goal scorer. We got him for his playmaking abilities, which we haven't seen yet.

I thought for the price, there was no real risk in getting him. I was not alone on this, quite a few pundits thought it was a good signing for the price. And it's not like our prospects have made our decisions very hard either. But from from I've seen so far, he's been a waste of roster spot and I'm not afraid to admit that I've been wrong. I'm not really seeing any turn around on his part either.

I wanted Radulov, and I'm mad we couldn't close the deal but once he moved on, there was little left on the free market to try to find some offense.

Even in his peak, he was barely getting 20 goals, he was never a goal scorer. We got him for his playmaking abilities, which we haven't seen yet.

I thought for the price, there was no real risk in getting him. I was not alone on this, quite a few pundits thought it was a good signing for the price. And it's not like our prospects have made our decisions very hard either. But from from I've seen so far, he's been a waste of roster spot and I'm not afraid to admit that I've been wrong. I'm not really seeing any turn around on his part either.

I wanted Radulov, and I'm mad we couldn't close the deal but once he moved on, there was little left on the free market to try to find some offense.

Friend of mine is a Dallas fan and he isn’t happy with Radulov as of yet. But I haven’t seen any of there games.

I also thought Hemsky was worth the risk of the 1M. If he could have contributed a bit. But he looks pretty done.

Your not wrong at all , and I accept the risk was minimal .

But at 34 and clearly not much was expected I would of rather tried Scherbak and have him learn even on the bottom 6 .

Kassian was a worthy gamble , young , some skill , grit and at 24 still had hope . But these 2 salami`s we picked were a waste .

Problem is our prospects sucks. Sherbak was nowhere close to ready at camp. We're only picking up those guys because we have roster spots to fill and no young guys qualify to do it. Although I would have kept Andrighetto instead of giving him away.

I was the first to say Semin was finished.

I don't agree that Hemsky is finished. He's not playing well and hasn't found chemistry yet... but he can still skate and is good defensively. At less than a million he still has something to give in the bottom six. I'm sure he'll find it.

This isn't a Semin situation where the guy can't skate anymore.

Problem is our prospects sucks. Sherbak was nowhere close to ready at camp. We're only picking up those guys because we have roster spots to fill and no young guys qualify to do it. Although I would have kept Andrighetto instead of giving him away.

How could NS be worse than Hemsky who is done , dont see this drop off at all . Zven stinks , let him pad his stats on weak teams .

How could NS be worse than Hemsky who is done , dont see this drop off at all . Zven stinks , let him pad his stats on weak teams .

Not sure I would want NS playing 4th line minutes. I'd rather have him get 1st line duty in Hamilton.

I was the first to say Semin was finished.

I don't agree that Hemsky is finished. He's not playing well and hasn't found chemistry yet... but he can still skate and is good defensively. At less than a million he still has something to give in the bottom six. I'm sure he'll find it.

This isn't a Semin situation where the guy can't skate anymore.

Hemsky cannot keep up with the play......he can barely skate with his linemates

Hemsky cannot keep up with the play......he can barely skate with his linemates

I wouldn't say he's slow, but he doesn't look as fast as advertised, so I am a bit surprised. I thought that was his strength.

I'm not seeing that. He looks fine through the neutral zone.

From what I am seeing, Hemsky lost a few steps since he is beind the play often which leads him to take a lot of penalty because of how late he is on most plays.

From what I am seeing, Hemsky lost a few steps since he is beind the play often which leads him to take a lot of penalty because of how late he is on most plays.
Hes taken penalties but thats bad positioning not footspeed that ive seen so far

Hes taken penalties but thats bad positioning not footspeed that ive seen so far

Doesn't it worry you when a NHL veteran with over 10-years experience in the league still has bad positioning ? I mean, if you haven't learned after all these years, might as well go to Europe, no ?

Doesn't it worry you when a NHL veteran with over 10-years experience in the league still has bad positioning ? I mean, if you haven't learned after all these years, might as well go to Europe, no ?
New team. New system. He picked it up quickly in dallas

If Bergevin pulls a miracle and lands Tavares I'll forgive the cap space controversy.

Would any of you give up Pacioretty and Galchenyuk for Tavares and say Brock Nelson?

Back