• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

honest question, how many Nashville games do you watch? If all, then fine, but if not, can you really say he has a great hockey sense?

As someone who has watched all the Nashville games this season I can back up the great hockey IQ claim.

He strong on the puck, doesn't make the stupid turnovers 27 is prone to and even as a top line player he still gets PK minutes.

Lehkonen took part in the optional skate this morning... he's expected to go on the road trip.

Pierre LeBrun:
Victor Mete is on Team Canada's Olympic radar but it's not clear at this point if he would be allowed to play. 1) the Habs haven't decided if he's going back to junior or coming back to the NHL after world juniors; 2) even if he is sent back to junior, then it's CHL's decision; 3) Obviously if Mete is brought back to Montreal, he's not eligible for the Olympics, so this possibility is only if he's sent back to junior; 4) CHL and Hockey Canada slated to discuss post world juniors what they'll do about junior players and the Olympic team but there's no question Mete is a name on GM Sean Burke's radar...

Pierre LeBrun:
Victor Mete is on Team Canada's Olympic radar but it's not clear at this point if he would be allowed to play. 1) the Habs haven't decided if he's going back to junior or coming back to the NHL after world juniors; 2) even if he is sent back to junior, then it's CHL's decision; 3) Obviously if Mete is brought back to Montreal, he's not eligible for the Olympics, so this possibility is only if he's sent back to junior; 4) CHL and Hockey Canada slated to discuss post world juniors what they'll do about junior players and the Olympic team but there's no question Mete is a name on GM Sean Burke's radar...

Are they seriously considering burning a year of his ELC only to send him back to junior?

Are they seriously considering burning a year of his ELC only to send him back to junior?

apparently, yes

Bergevin asskissers on twitter are now saying it is only an ELC year but we would save a UFA year if he doesn't play 41 games which is solid cap management. :smilielol5:

Who cares about burning a year of his ELC...

We will worry about this in 6-7 years

I care about burning ELC years for the type of prospects that we don't have. Even then, I don't really care.

Mete isn't so good that we should really care about that anyway. Sure, it's dumb..... but it's Victor Mete.

True, Mete is not Sergachev. His highest potential is no 3 or 4. I don't care about the extra year.

True, Mete is not Sergachev. His highest potential is no 3 or 4. I don't care about the extra year.

Dude, if Mete played on that great Tampa team, he'd win the Norris.

Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

Re: ELC who cares, it’s not as if the Habs are loaded with ELC talent that will all be looking for raises at the same time, creating a dilemma for the Habs.

Meter going to WJC and Olympics would be great for his development IMO, games will only become more intense post-Xmas in the NHL, and he’s not ready to face bigger bodied teams like STL.

Back