• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

Scherbak sent back to Laval. I suppose he will be back in a week when the rosters are expanded.

Anyway, for sure it sucks not seeing Scherbak for a few games, but with the trade deadline coming up, its better to keep as many players around as possible. You may want to trade these pieces, or have them around after some other pieces are traded.

LOL, I guess they dont want to lose high skill players on waivers...like de la Rose and Logan Shaw. Danault must be ready to return.
As Wilde said on twitter, no scout would want to give up on someone like de la Rose. I laughed.

Lehkonen-Drouin-Pacioretty
Byron-Plelkanec-Gallagher,
Galchenyuk-Danault-Hudon
De La Rose-Froese-Andrew Shaw

Lines at practice today. Andrew Shaw and Danault both back. I thought Pacioretty was missing Danault big time and doesnt play well with Drouin....anyway no worries now.

Lehkonen-Drouin-Pacioretty
Byron-Plelkanec-Gallagher,
Galchenyuk-Danault-Hudon
De La Rose-Froese-Andrew Shaw

Lines at practice today. Andrew Shaw and Danault both back. I thought Pacioretty was missing Danault big time and doesnt play well with Drouin....anyway no worries now.

or this could be the 4th line, not sure yet.

Deslauriers-Logan Shaw-Carr

Couldn't dare losing a star like Froese on waivers.

Looks like the fourth line is actually Deslauriers - L.Shaw - Carr with de la Rose - Froese - Shaw as the fifth line.

Couldn't dare losing a star like Froese on waivers.

Looks like the fourth line is actually Deslauriers - L.Shaw - Carr with de la Rose - Froese - Shaw as the fifth line.

Yeah just saw that. I guess they are not ready yet to make another roster move for Andrew Shaw.

Does it matter at this point? Might as well shut him down until next year.

Would have been nice if he were healthy so we could trade him. Otherwise, yeah, shut him down for the season.

Does it matter at this point? Might as well shut him down until next year.

My annoyance is more with the obfuscation and misleading that comes from the organization regarding injuries.

Price was a "minimum six weeks". Price was "day to day with a minor injury" earlier this season and it was 3 weeks. Weber was "shut down for a bit" and here we are going into the 10th week. Subban was ready to play and the team wouldn't clear him two years ago because they wanted to trade him.

I hate being lied to by a team I have invested so much time in.

My annoyance is more with the obfuscation and misleading that comes from the organization regarding injuries.

Price was a "minimum six weeks". Price was "day to day with a minor injury" earlier this season and it was 3 weeks. Weber was "shut down for a bit" and here we are going into the 10th week. Subban was ready to play and the team wouldn't clear him two years ago because they wanted to trade him.

I hate being lied to by a team I have invested so much time in.

Did Weber break a foot ? surgery ?

Did Weber break a foot ? surgery ?

Don't hold your breath waiting for the Habs to tell you.

As for Scherbak it's just as well he's been demoted. Players who help us win games are not needed now. We need to lose as many games as possible from here on out.

From Engels...

Had a fun exchange with Claude Julien today. He told me I should get my eyes checked when I asked him about lines at practice indicating Jerabek might miss an eighth straight game. Told him I typically wear glasses for distance.

He said, 'You like that little shot, eh?.' I said, "I can take it. I'm going to give you one if Jerabek is sitting again tomorrow." We both laughed. This happened after the tape ran out, so you won't hear it if you listen...

FWIW, Jerabek was all over the map at their practice, slotted in with just about everyone but no one in particular. And I like Claude's sense of humour and have no issue being at the end of one of his barbs.

Jerabek should be playing... Petry is the only active defencemen who is better.

I'd put him in a second tier with Mete and all the other garbage that gets to play every night under them.

Back