• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

Considering he certainly hasn't been put in a position to succeed... but he's still producing better than anyone else on the team.

‘Cause the team sucks.

Uh huh... partially due to misuse of players.

Drouin should not be playing centre, and AG should. Seems Julien finally figured half of these things out.

I was all for giving Drouin a shot at centre... but it was a failure. AG on the other hand has produced very well at centre in his career.

I'd trade any player in the right deal. Like any player in the league, including McDavid. I'd hope our GM is smart enough to feel the same way.

Unfortunately our GM doesn't know what a "right deal" is, unless he's trading scrubs for scrubs.

Let me start by saying I’m not this Journey to Lourdes follower of Shanny-Plan - it seems to me to be all contingent on the drafting of Mathews.

Having said that, what I do like about Shanahan’s revamping of the Leafs management is having differing hockey philosophies all working towards a common goal - at least that how I see it from a layman’s perspective.

There’s old school: Lou & Babcock

There’s modern train of thought: Dubas

And the combination of the two: Mark Hunter (grew up & played old school hockey, but was integral in building possibly the most avant-garde & successful junior program in the world over the past dozen years)

Compare that to: Bergeron, Dudley, Mellanby, Lapointe, Churla, Julien, Lefebvre, Dufresne....all of the similar philosophy & ilk.

Successful businesses are driven by differing talents & philosophy who hold a common goal of getting to the finish line.

Interesting observation. That managment team has yet to face adversity in the rebuild process. I will be interested to see how a year of not meeting expectations plays out. I predict one philosophy dominates and changes would be made.

lines at practice this morning

Pacioretty-Byron-Hudon
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Drouin-Deslauriers
JDLR-Froese-L. Shaw

So they brought in Shaw to play wing, makes no sense. Could have called up Scherbak to play wing and left Shaw on waivers.

Back