Page 564 of 564 FirstFirst ... 64464514554562563564
Results 11,261 to 11,276 of 11276

Thread: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

  1. #11261
    Legend WeHaveMoreCupsThanYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    19,857
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBolduke View Post
    Maybe this is way Pacioretty was so bad last night?

    John Lu‏Verified account
    @JohnLuTSNMtl
    2h2 hours ago
    More
    #Habs Julien is uncertain about the availability of Pacioretty, Drouin and Benn (all flu-ridden) Saturday vs #Leafs. Status is questionable for them.

    I'm starting to think that these announcements are just another way for management to shield players from media scrutiny. A guy has a $hitty game and next thing you know the team announces that he's got the flu or some other nondescript ailment, won't be at practice, and is "day-to-day".

    Bergevin will be in hiding for the next week or so. He's not into accountability unless he's got a scapegoat handy. But ultimately this is the team he has built. It's on him.
    The Montreal Canadiens:

    "Making easy jobs needlessly difficult since 1994"

  2. #11262
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    17,694
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

    Quote Originally Posted by DonKay View Post
    We need this guy to score more...he can shoot the puck well.

    3 goals up until now is a disappointment but I can't blame him too much because he only recently started getting some productive wingers.
    I didnt trade my only bargaining stud chip for 3 goals and barely on pace for 55 points .

  3. #11263
    Canadiens Moderator Rolex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,009
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

    Amazing night boys !!!

    Meet Dave Keon, Gilbert, Cournoyer(again), Bourque, Denis Savard, Frank Maholvich....and of course got to touch the Stanley Cup

    Dave Keon is one serious dude....but a true legend
    "Love one another as I have loved you"... Jesus-Christ our Holy Lord and Savior Forever Amen and Alleluia !!!

  4. #11264
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    66,409
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

    Quote Originally Posted by WeHaveMoreCupsThanYou View Post
    I'm starting to think that these announcements are just another way for management to shield players from media scrutiny. A guy has a $hitty game and next thing you know the team announces that he's got the flu or some other nondescript ailment, won't be at practice, and is "day-to-day".

    Bergevin will be in hiding for the next week or so. He's not into accountability unless he's got a scapegoat handy. But ultimately this is the team he has built. It's on him.
    At some point Molson will hopefully realize that he needs to hire a team President with a hockey background to supervise whoever the GM is, like TML did with Shanahan. Molson doesn't know enough about hockey to be his GM's direct boss, as has become painfully clear.

  5. #11265
    Legend Habs-25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    SJ
    Posts
    13,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

    I know Drouin is young, but honestly i was expecting much more, and as i said before, i don't think he will be the no1 C of this organisation which everyone were looking for during decades, that means the problem in C still remain. Again come back to the point: Trading a franchise D for a winger, hmmm.
    Last edited by Habs-25; Today at 05:36 PM.

  6. #11266
    Legend Habs-25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    SJ
    Posts
    13,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

    and for people hoping for tanking, i bet you that won't fix the issue of this organisation knowing the fcuking management and how they suck in players development . Look at where 27 was drafted and look how they ruined the kid.

  7. #11267
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    17,694
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Habs-25 View Post
    I know Drouin is young, but honestly i was expecting much more, and as i said before, i don't think he will be the no1 C of this organisation which everyone were looking for during decades, that means the problem in C still remain. Again come back to the point: Trading a franchise D for a winger, hmmm.
    You think Yzerman was handing us a franchise 1C for Chevy , keep dreaming Hab fans .

    If he was one them he wasn't going anywhere or he gets way more in return from another team .

    He will be a nice top 6 player but not a top C.

  8. #11268
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    17,694
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Habs-25 View Post
    and for people hoping for tanking, i bet you that won't fix the issue of this organisation knowing the fcuking management and how they suck in players development . Look at where 27 was drafted and look how they ruined the kid.
    We are bottom 5 right now , tanking can't be worse down the road. At least it gives you some hope .

    This regime will be gone by years end minus the fat pig behind the bench . He will get at least 1 more year.

  9. #11269
    Legend Habs-25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    SJ
    Posts
    13,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

    Quote Originally Posted by GEEMAN View Post
    You think Yzerman was handing us a franchise 1C for Chevy , keep dreaming Hab fans .

    If he was one them he wasn't going anywhere or he gets way more in return from another team .

    He will be a nice top 6 player but not a top C.
    That is something i said after few games and some '' The Same People'' laughed. The issue is he is not even a great goal scorer. Good passer, smart player, but was it really worth trading a guy like Sergachev in return of Drouin?? Certainly Habs wasn't the winner, as some french media and fans claims.

    Make Brisebois the GM and Quintal the president. or offer Steve Y whatever it takes to bring him to Mtl as GM.
    Last edited by Habs-25; Today at 06:29 PM.

  10. #11270
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20,422
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

    Too many GEEMAN posts lately.

  11. #11271
    Legend Sal_Butera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere
    Posts
    53,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

    Quote Originally Posted by GrandWazoo View Post
    You're hatred of Serge is weird. Having a top 20 scorers doesn't equal to winning. Blame it on Lemaire if you want but that was winning recipe for a while, short of having a dynasty. We've made it to the finals 3 times during his reign and had some pretty solid team. And he never ignored our center line, unlike the last 4 GMs we had.
    Missing out on Soviet players compounded by horrendous draft record post 84, was a seismic failure of vision which paved the way for 25-years of failure - just as or more monumental than MBs complete failure in not foreseeing the evolution of D position in todays NHL.

    GMs are paid to execute and foresee the future, failure of vision takes years / decades to overcome.

    People can blame the St.Patrick trade but the plunge into the abyss started well before with that lack of vision. By 93 there were at least 8-10 teams so far ahead of the Habs in terms of pure talent, due to simply capitalizing on the fall of the wall. #elitefreebietalent

    To rub salt into the wound alcoholic decided MB was a better GM candidate because “it’s a matter of respect”!

    Good too see his lack of vision is alive & kicking. re: elite businesses are run by brightest talent in this age of a globalized workforce
    Last edited by Sal_Butera; Today at 06:20 PM.


    “We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”


    “So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

  12. #11272
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    17,694
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBolduke View Post
    Too many GEEMAN posts lately.
    Too many 8.5 mil cap space posts

  13. #11273
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    17,694
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    Missing out on Soviet players compounded by horrendous draft record post 84, was a seismic failure of vision which paved the way for 25-years of failure - just as or more monumental than MBs complete failure in not foreseeing the evolution of D position in todays NHL.

    GMs are paid to execute and foresee the future, failure of vision takes years / decades to overcome.

    People can blame the St.Patrick trade but the plunge into the abyss started well before with that lack of vision. By 93 there were at least 8-10 teams so far ahead of the Habs in terms of pure talent, due to simply capitalizing on the fall of the wall. #elitefreebietalent

    To rub salt into the wound alcoholic decided MB was a better GM candidate because “it’s a matter of respect”!

    Good too see his lack of vision is alive & kicking. re: elite businesses are run by brightest talent in this age of a globalized workforce
    Sal who was in the running with Nero for the GM job .

  14. #11274
    Legend Sal_Butera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere
    Posts
    53,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

    Quote Originally Posted by GEEMAN View Post
    Sal who was in the running with Nero for the GM job .
    No idea - public knowledge has McGuire being interviewed, Nill bowing out of the process before it began, speculation has Julien Brisebois also having been interviewed.

    Savard said on a radio interview he made the final recommendation of MB because he was “Francophone..it’s a matter of respect to the fan base” (his words when interviewed by Nilan). Melnick has stated it came down to McGuire vs MB.


    “We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”


    “So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

  15. #11275
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20,422
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

    Sal - do you realize that you essentially put down other cultures and people that are "different" than you in every single one of your posts?

    Are you doing that on purpose or are you unaware of your prejudice?

  16. #11276
    Legend Sal_Butera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere
    Posts
    53,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBolduke View Post
    Sal - do you realize that you essentially put down other cultures and people that are "different" than you in every single one of your posts?

    Are you doing that on purpose or are you unaware of your prejudice?
    Not really I put down everyone - I’m especially harsh on “my own people”

    Beauty of America...

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UXL16tdr36k
    Last edited by Sal_Butera; Today at 08:47 PM.


    “We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”


    “So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

Page 564 of 564 FirstFirst ... 64464514554562563564

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •