• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

They should have scored six! They had enough chances to score 10. But when you play desperate against a bad team, this is what you get.

The Canadiens suck. The defense, other than Weber, is a bunch 5-6-7 guys at best, there's no no. 1 center, 14 still plays a major role, no secondary scoring, and a horrible captain. Need I continue?

Last edited:

Weber and Price have 8 years remaining after this year

Expect that Max will be extended 8 years if Bergy is still the boss

We have good players in Drouin, Chuckie, Max, Weber, Mete, Price...we just need some good leadership in management to guide these guys

Weber and Price have 8 years remaining after this year

Expect that Max will be extended 8 years if Bergy is still the boss

We have good players in Drouin, Chuckie, Max, Weber, Mete, Price...we just need some good leadership in management to guide these guys

It's over Rolex ....we don't need leadership in management

We need to push the reset button with a new management team

It's time to end this charade , this team will never compete for anything other than mediocrity in a few years .

The D minus 6 is abysmal and our top 6 upfront is just ok, and Drouin isn't going to be that top line player this regime thinks it acquired .

This regime or any other brass can't do do squat to fix this mess unless you gut it .

All we are doing is spinning that hamster wheel to futility.

It's time to end this charade , this team will never compete for anything other than mediocrity in a few years .

The D minus 6 is abysmal and our top 6 upfront is just ok, and Drouin isn't going to be that top line player this regime thinks it acquired .

This regime or any other brass can't do do squat to fix this mess unless you gut it .

Yes, he will be - and he already is.

Drouin is an unbelievable talent.

But it's inevitable that the debate will come as to where he can be more productive.

Center or wing?

Galchenyuk is pretty snake-biten right now.

He's been the teams best player the last 2 weeks, but he's not burying anything. Could/should have like 10 goals already.

Last edited:

Drouin is an unbelievable talent.

But it's inevitable that the debate will come as to where he can be more productive.

Center or wing?

Productive is a bit subjective, I think he might get a few more points as a winger as he would have less defensive responsibilities, but I like his 200ft game at center.

I like him on the PP, half-board/point is perfect for him, with one timer options on both sides.

Productive is a bit subjective, I think he might get a few more points as a winger as he would have less defensive responsibilities, but I like his 200ft game at center.

We need this guy to score more...he can shoot the puck well.

3 goals up until now is a disappointment but I can't blame him too much because he only recently started getting some productive wingers.

Gallagher has been a bright spot so far. Looks like he's rebounding from a bad season nicely.

We need this guy to score more...he can shoot the puck well.

3 goals up until now is a disappointment but I can't blame him too much because he only recently started getting some productive wingers.

If we had a better alternative at center, I would agree, but given this roster, center is probably the best place he can be. Plus it's his first 20 NHL games at center, it's pretty impressive.

Maybe this is way Pacioretty was so bad last night?

John Lu‏Verified account
@JohnLuTSNMtl
2h2 hours ago
More
#Habs Julien is uncertain about the availability of Pacioretty, Drouin and Benn (all flu-ridden) Saturday vs #Leafs. Status is questionable for them.

If we had a better alternative at center, I would agree, but given this roster, center is probably the best place he can be. Plus it's his first 20 NHL games at center, it's pretty impressive.

So our "No. 1 center" is a a 3rd year NHL player who's only played 20 games at center in his career. I see the problem with this team.

I’m sitting here listening to Gary Bettman, Bill Daily, abd George Parros talk about the state of the game (Bell Center)

Back