• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2018 Training Camp

I don't quite understand why they haven't signed Fleury to an ELC yet. It seems evident that they want him to play in Laval instead of a fifth year of Junior because he's a late birthday. He doesn't even have an AHL deal either.

But regardless, he's an interesting project. Same thing for Jarret Tyszka. Could make it, might not make it, time will tell. But the potential is there.

I don't quite understand why they haven't signed Fleury to an ELC yet. It seems evident that they want him to play in Laval instead of a fifth year of Junior because he's a late birthday. He doesn't even have an AHL deal either.

But regardless, he's an interesting project. Same thing for Jarret Tyszka. Could make it, might not make it, time will tell. But the potential is there.

Agreed our pipeline on D isnt great but there is some hope that we maybe able to fill our 4-6 spots with capable players rather than inking Alzner types or trading for Shlemkos or Benn.

Agreed our pipeline on D isnt great but there is some hope that we maybe able to fill our 4-6 spots with capable players rather than inking Alzner types or trading for Shlemkos or Benn.

Don’t forget Bowen Byram...

NCAA and classes. Nobody from the NCAA ever comes to training camp.

I was very impressed with Brook in the games I saw him, I think he has a very interesting potential

That is a weird one, I dont think they have to sign Fleury until June next year. But if he doesn't have a contract, then he will be forced to find a place somewhere in the CHL as an overager.

NCAA and classes. Nobody from the NCAA ever comes to training camp.

Interesting ....so a player like Tkatchuk in Ottawa as an NCAA commit but just drafted can be playing in preseason

Interesting ....so a player like Tkatchuk in Ottawa as an NCAA commit but just drafted can be playing in preseason

He's signed to an ELC. Once a player who is in the NCAA or is committed to playing in the NCAA in the future signs an ELC, they become ineligible to return.

Quite the lineup against the Leafs tonight:

Michael Chaput - Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Joel Armia
Charles Hudon - Matthew Peca - Artturi Lehkonen
Jacob de la Rose - Nick Suzuki - Nikita Scherbak
Hunter Shinkaruk - Kenny Agostino - Byron Froese

Karl Alzner - Simon Despres
Xavier Ouellet - Brett Lernout
Rinat Valiev - Michal Moravcik

Antti Niemi
Charlie Lindgren

Last edited:

Quite the lineup against the Leafs tonight:

Michael Chaput - Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Joel Armia
Charles Hudon - Matthew Peca - Artturi Lehkonen
Jacob de la Rose - Nick Suzuki - Nikita Scherbak
Hunter Shinkaruk - Kenny Agostino - Byron Froese

Karl Alzner - Simon Despres
Xavier Ouellet - Brett Lernout
Rinat Valiev - Michal Moravcik

Charlie Lindgren
Antti Niemi

I think the Leafs lineup is missing the majority of it's regulars as well.

Preseason hockey for the most part is terrible. Although I guess 7 (maybe 8) of those forwards likely break camp with us...

Back