• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

Yeah ...a couple of teams have been inquiring about Niemi. Maybe one more good game against the Coyotes and they can trade him for something.

I thought included with his new contract was a NMC for this season as well.

NMC's are easy to get around for the Habs. Their trouble is being able to keep players from leaving. If they ask a player to voluntarily agree to be traded elsewhere it's usually the kind of request that the player is only to happy to say yes to. You think that Price (or anyone else) wouldn't welcome the chance to get out of this place?

Stop already.

what, you haven't been watching this organization lately? They still want us to believe they are competing hard for the playoffs. Now supposedly Julien is asking to keep Plekanec.

Last edited:

NMC's are easy to get around for the Habs. Their trouble is being able to keep players from leaving. If they ask a player to voluntarily agree to be traded elsewhere it's usually the kind of request that the player is only to happy to say yes to. You think that Price (or anyone else) wouldn't welcome the chance to get out of this place?

Yeah watch for the Seattle scenario. Closer to his home and his wife is from Washington.

If Price wanted to leave he would have, regardless of money. If you think everyone wants to leave ask Pleks. I dont think players have a problem playing in Montreal once they get a taste of it. Luring them here may be another story.

If Price wanted to leave he would have, regardless of money. If you think everyone wants to leave ask Pleks. I dont think players have a problem playing in Montreal once they get a taste of it. Luring them here may be another story.

It's a great place to play...when you're winning. When you aren't (as the Habs aren't now) it can be an unbearably uncomfortable place to play; worse than perhaps any other market in the league. Price is no dummy. He can probably see the players in front of him and know right away that there won't be much winning in the near to medium term.

It's a great place to play...when you're winning. When you aren't (as the Habs aren't now) it can be an unbearably uncomfortable place to play; worse than perhaps any other market in the league. Price is no dummy. He can probably see the players in front of him and know right away that there won't be much winning in the near to medium term.

I don't think Price's top priority is winning....if it was, he would have taken a discount, just like McDavid/Crosby and others have....just saying

I don't think Price's top priority is winning....if it was, he would have taken a discount, just like McDavid/Crosby and others have....just saying

Maybe he believes he took a discount?

When your GM says under no circumstances will he trade you and then says you will be signed, you have him by his balls.

U mean Toews and Kane weren’t interested in winning?

that is just a crazy statement... of course he wants to win the cup..

Price is interested in winning and getting paid as the best.

Bergevin is also interested in wining.

Interest in winning has very little impact on the outcome.

Price is interested in winning and getting paid as the best.

Bergevin is also interested in wining.

Interest in winning has very little impact on the outcome.

yeah not like any player wants to win more than others

Back