• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2018-19 Regular Season

And Sherbak turns 23 at he end of this calendar year. Ideally I'd like to see Sherbak continue his development in the AHL. There isn't really any room for him in the pro team right now.

how many more years of seasoning in the minors does Scherbak need? He was drafted in 2014 so this is his third pro year. It might be he just is what he is.

He only played 26 games in the minor last year. And it's funny that you mention that when we are comparing him with someone who is blossoming into a pro player at 25.

He only played 26 games in the minor last year. And it's funny that you mention that when we are comparing him with someone who is blossoming into a pro player at 25.

I don't care about Peca one bit. If he goes, I will not shed a tear. I just know Scherbak is quickly moving in "Another Timmins' Bust" category.

I don't care about Peca one bit. If he goes, I will not shed a tear. I just know Scherbak is quickly moving in "Another Timmins' Bust" category.

NS is already in that category .....maybe make a move for another team`s 21-22 year old " havent made it yet category "

Plekanec is going on the IR with a lower-back injury and is expected to miss a few weeks.

Deslauriers comes off the IR in his place.

Yeah, it is stupid to give up on Scherbak that easy. MB didn't handle DLR situation that well either, not that he had any value, but for a young and utility guy like him, he could at least land 5th rounder.

They need to give Scherbak few matches on 3rd, 4th line and some PP minutes, and sit Charlie boy.

Last edited:

Yeah, it is stupid to give up on Scherbak that easy. MB didn't handle DLR situation that well either, not that he had any value, but for a young and utility guy like him, he could at least land 5th rounder.

They need to give Scherbak few matches on 3rd, 4th line and some PP minutes, and sit Charlie boy.

You know he tried to trade him before waiving him.

You know he tried to trade him before waiving him.

Yeah, obviously..

When your hands are tied, no one will give you anything, he should have thought about it during summer, or maybe earlier, not at the last minutes, that was my point.

For a guy who talk about X years plan, vision and some other BS in this category, that wasn't smart.

Last edited:

Yeah, obviously..

When your hands are tied, no one will give you anything, he should have think about it during summer, or maybe earlier, not at the last minutes, that was my point.

For a guy who talk about X years plan, vision and some other BS in this category, that wasn't smart, again i am not saying DLR had much values but 5th or 6th rounder is better than nothing for a young kid.

He was supposed to compete for a spot at training camp. Nobody could have predicted he would have a cardiac incident that prevented him from participating at the camp. It also prevented us from waiving him at the end of training camp when he might have had better chance to go through.

I think his injury played against us too.

He likely clears before the start of the season when there are lots of players on waivers every day but he couldn't be waived because he went on the IR.

(Haha, yeah what GW said.)

He was supposed to compete for a spot at training camp. Nobody could have predicted he would have a cardiac incident that prevented him from participating at the camp. It also prevented us from waiving him at the end of training camp when he might have had better chance to go through.

Well, beside cardiac issues, this guy had almost zero offensive contribution in last 2-3 years, so at some point when you do the evaluation of your players you know what you get from him, so his performance didn't come as Kinder egg.

Well, beside cardiac issues, this guy had almost zero offensive contribution in last 2-3 years, so at some point when you do the evaluation of your players you know what you get from him, so his performance didn't come as Kinder egg.

He showed some progress last season, can play center or wing, is dependable defensively, and had almost as many points as Deslauriers in about the same number of games. There was no problem having him show up to compete at training camp. Shit happens.

Back