• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2018 Training Camp

Here's tonight's projected lineup against the Leafs:

Jonathan Drouin - Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Artturi Lehkonen
Tomas Tatar - Phillip Danault - Brendan Gallagher
Paul Byron - Tomas Plekanec - Kenny Agostino
Michael Chaput - Jacob de la Rose - Nikita Scherbak

Mike Reilly - Jeff Petry
Victor Mete - Noah Juulsen
Jordie Benn - David Schlemko

Carey Price
Charlie Lindgren

Why waste a year of his ELC for a rebuilding year?

Bring him over when he's filled out a bit, and the team is ready to start turning the corner.

Because this organizations believes we can make the playoffs

Because this organizations believes we can make the playoffs

No organization that trades away their captain and one of the top goal scorers in the league and replaces him with a guy who was a healthy scratch for the Stanley cup finals believes they can make the playoffs.

No organization that trades away their captain and one of the top goal scorers in the league and replaces him with a guy who was a healthy scratch for the Stanley cup finals believes they can make the playoffs.

Exactly, maybe as a long shot they think they can surprise and aim for the playoffs but they have prioritized this "reset" that MB and Molson have referred to.

I also don't see how a playoff spot is within reach when your workhorse defenseman is out until Xmas at best

Exactly, maybe as a long shot they think they can surprise and aim for the playoffs but they have prioritized this "reset" that MB and Molson have referred to.

I also don't see how a playoff spot is within reach when your workhorse defenseman is out until Xmas at best

playoffs .... your talking playoffs

No surprise: McCarron, Shinkaruk, Froese, Lernout and Valiev all cleared waivers and were sent to Laval.

We will be 15 points out of a WC spot at Xmas

You would not think so but they talk like the playoffs are not out of the question lol

18 and 19 year olds can make the NHL now, it’s a reality.

Ray Ferraro made some good points on TSN 690 this afternoon for example in that the days of the Wings or Devils making all their prospects finish junior and play in the AHL no matter what they do in camp is a thing of the past.

No one on this board ever said that Suzuki or JK should be starting this season in the NHL unless they earned it at camp.

Suzuki didn’t stand out and righfully should go back to junior. On the flip side JK is doing enough this camp to create the debate, very few had even ever seen him play and had no idea he Was capable and maybe close to at least earning the 9 games.

Setting a path or plan for a players development without seeing where he is at the moment is a bit shortsighted.

and nobody outside of GGpX (maybe) has said there is no path to making the NHL

and to be clear i say making the team is playing more than 9 games

I just think about Mike Fisher, Justin the Truth Williams, Jeff Skinner, and others who got in at 18. Did their fan bases bemoan the fact they weren't "ready"? How do you define if someone is ready?

on the flip side did ovie, malkin, barzal, etc get ruined for making the jump a year later?

but honestly if JK ends up like truth, skinner, fisher i will be disappointed

Why waste a year of his ELC for a rebuilding year?

Bring him over when he's filled out a bit, and the team is ready to start turning the corner.

IF making the team is the best for his development then it is worth burning a year of his ELC

It is not like Kotkaniemi dominated that league.

Barkov in his draft year 48 points in 53 games
Laine 33 points in 46 games
Kotkaniemi 29 points in 57 games

I mean it is better than the CHL. My guess is the habs are trying to get him into the AHL.

I will wait until he plays against NHL caliber lineups in pre-season.

If he can play top 2C for the habs. Awesome. If not I am good with sending him down. No sense burning a year of his ELC on this team unless it is the best palce for his development at centre.

didn't he play on the wing in that league? not a fair comparison, he excels at center when playing with his peers

Back