• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2018-19 Regular Season

Lines at practice appear to be the same as Saturday night with Mete, Hudon and Scherbak on the outside looking in.

Personally, I don't like intentionally going with a slower lineup.
I agree...makes me wonder if there’s something in the works behind the scenes. Trying to prove they’ve given Alzner every chance before cutting ties (optics), trade in the works (Hudon or Scherbak) etc..

Lines at practice appear to be the same as Saturday night with Mete, Hudon and Scherbak on the outside looking in.

Personally, I don't like intentionally going with a slower lineup.

Going with a slower lineup vs. the Flames will likely not work in the Habs favor.

I agree...makes me wonder if there’s something in the works behind the scenes. Trying to prove they’ve given Alzner every chance before cutting ties (optics), trade in the works (Hudon or Scherbak) etc..

Agreed I can see a few moves being made in the next few weeks . NS has to be resolved , he will get claimed on waivers

Looks like Mete is back tonight and Alzner is out, but Deslauriers and Shaw stay in the lineup over Hudon and Scherbak.

Looks like Mete is back tonight and Alzner is out, but Deslauriers and Shaw stay in the lineup over Hudon and Scherbak.

Can't explain why Hudon is not back. Per 60 minutes, he is the best player on the Habs with generating scoring chances and this is with limited time on the 4th line.

Notice that since he is not on that line, nothing is happening with it anymore? He was making that 4th line. I don't get julien on not dressing him. Must be another reason somewhere. I hate it when you leave young talent on the press box when you could use it and is a better option than what is on the ice.

The Habs have to make a decision. The only way to do that properly is to give everyone on the bubble a chance to prove themselves. Someone will need to be traded/waived. I'm hoping it's Alzner.

I think Nikita or Hudon gets settled first as they are on cheap moveable contracts

Alzner is a more difficult trade finding the right trade partner

The Habs have to make a decision. The only way to do that properly is to give everyone on the bubble a chance to prove themselves. Someone will need to be traded/waived. I'm hoping it's Alzner.
Looks to me as if the Habs have made their final decision on Scherbak, if he was to even be considered a part of the team conversation you’d think he’d be given a dress rehearsal like Alzner was.

I think Nikita or Hudon gets settled first as they are on cheap moveable contracts

No one is taking Alzner’s contract IMO, term makes it unmovable, only hope is to somehow convince the player to accept AHL demotion (same city, won’t hamper family life), and buy him out in the summer.

No one is taking Alzner’s contract IMO, term makes it unmovable, only hope is to somehow convince the player to accept AHL demotion (same city, won’t hamper family life), and buy him out in the summer.

That's not necessarily true. If a team gets into injury trouble they may kick the tires. As I've mentioned previously though, the Habs will likely have to take back a bad contract. The trick is to take one back that has at least 2 less years on it.

Would be pretty crazy to waive Alzner in year 2 but it does seem like the best thing to do.

not just that, we only carry 7 dmen so it is harder to get rid of one. Personally, I wouldn't see that as a big problem but clearly, our management does.

Its a moveable contract . The USA Thanksgiving will give us a better picture of who will be buyers and sellers and team needs.

Plenty of 4 mil players to ship in return , Karl will probably increase his trade team options for playing time.

Just proves how bonehead this deal was in the first place.

Its a moveable contract . The USA Thanksgiving will give us a better picture of who will be buyers and sellers and team needs.

Plenty of 4 mil players to ship in return , Karl will probably increase his trade team options for playing time.

Just proves how bonehead this deal was in the first place.

The Habs won't be a buyer. The will either stand pat or sell.

As far as I know -- MB has never traded a 1st rounder before. He's not gonna start trading 1st rounders when he knows this teams best case is a first round knockout.

He's also not gonna trade JK, RP, Brook or Suzuki.

Stop being so dramatic.

Can't explain why Hudon is not back. Per 60 minutes, he is the best player on the Habs with generating scoring chances and this is with limited time on the 4th line.

Notice that since he is not on that line, nothing is happening with it anymore? He was making that 4th line. I don't get julien on not dressing him. Must be another reason somewhere. I hate it when you leave young talent on the press box when you could use it and is a better option than what is on the ice.

I like Deslauriers but there is no way he should be played instead of Hudon.

The Habs won't be a buyer. The will either stand pat or sell.

As far as I know -- MB has never traded a 1st rounder before. He's not gonna start trading 1st rounders when he knows this teams best case is a first round knockout.

He's also not gonna trade JK, RP, Brook or Suzuki.

Stop being so dramatic.

You need to read my post again cause it has nothing to do with your reply

One month down the road is when you start seeing a clearer separation in the standings and who might be sellers or buyers by the deadline .

I never mentioned the Habs or trading a first rounder or prospects

As for Karl its a moveable contract as long as we take back money , no one is taking him and giving us cap full cap room for 3 more years on his deal .

Scherbak needs to get some game reps in IMO. Pointless to have him sit upstairs 100% or the time. He could provide some finish and excitement with KK.

Watching 20 play wondering how the hell he ever made the league lol...

He’s not in game shape. It’s obvious. His injury slowed his readiness.

That said. I’d rather see Hudon or Scherbak in.

Watching 20 play wondering how the hell he ever made the league lol...

Yeah I don't understand that one.

Maybe I'm wrong, but last season seems like a huge flash in the pan.

When we acquired him, my buddy who is a Sabres fan said D-Lo was the worst player in the league hands down. He's not looking wrong.

Back