• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2018 Offseason

22 points in 47 games isnt too bad for the offensively challenged Swedish league. 8 more points than last year. Watching his highlights of the past season, he seems to have more offensive upside than de la Rose.

Having more offensive upside than De La Rose would not take much. My neighbors dog could could get as many points

Habs News & Notes: 2018 Offseason

FWIW - Alzner buyout would cost $1.3M cap hit over next 8-years, provide net $3.3M in additional cap space. Yearly cap rise will likely be more than $1.3M on average

I’d do it if I were in MBs shoes, just sayin....

FWIW - Alzner buyout would cost $1.3M cap hit over next 8-years, provide net $3.3M in additional cap space.

No way ......find a taker and maybe take a larger contract back who can help us .

FWIW - Alzner buyout would cost $1.3M cap hit over next 8-years, provide net $3.3M in additional cap space. Yearly cap rise will likely be more than $1.3M on average

Better deal to just wait another year IMO. Hell maybe he even gets movable if he has a good year.

Just eat part of his contract.

Both were obvious though
Alzner was always bad and Raonic was good but not great.

Morrow on the "attitude" thing: I'd say that's an unfair comment. Marc wasn't in the dressing room often. I don't know if he was trying to save his job, but I don't find that right. You can't say that your locker room & players have bad attitude." (via @JdeMontreal)

Morrow on the "attitude" thing: I'd say that's an unfair comment. Marc wasn't in the dressing room often. I don't know if he was trying to save his job, but I don't find that right. You can't say that your locker room & players have bad attitude." (via @JdeMontreal)
For full transparency:

Morrow went on to say no GM nowadays knows what’s going on in the dressing room as they no longer spend anytime there..

“It’s (Canadiens GM) Marc (Bergevin) who decides, but I work alongside him on all these decisions,” said Molson. “We talk about how we can improve the team and up until now, I’ve supported all his choices and there will probably be more changes coming this spring.”

At this point, "changes" would be scouting related.

Coaching vacancies are filled, there might be room for one or two changes in the administration, but if there are any real changes (outside of the hockey team, which is there is always a turnover) it'll be with the scouts.

Back