• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2018 Training Camp

The Canadiens announced the signing of associate coach Kirk Muller to a two-year contract extension on Sunday.

Sounds like Drouin isn't going to play centre, but there's always the chance he'll get moved back there at some point.

Bergevin said this morning that the top four centres are Domi, Danault, Plekanec and Peca, while also mentioning de la Rose, McCarron, Suzuki and Kotkaniemi.

First preseason game tonight against the Devils... here's the lineup:

Tomas Tatar - Phillip Danault - Brendan Gallagher
Nicolas Deslauriers - Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Artturi Lehkonen
Hunter Shinkaruk - Tomas Plekanec - Charles Hudon
Michal Chaput - Jacob de la Rose - Byron Froese

Victor Mete - Noah Juulsen
Karl Alzner - David Schlemko
Simon Despres - Rinat Valiev

Antti Niemi
Charlie Lindgren

Yeah I don't think so either.

I really think MB wants a crack at the #1 overall next summer. He just can't come out and say it.

Renaud Lavoie:
We're waiting on a full update on Nicolas Deslauriers but we know it's a facial injury and that he's still at the hospital.

Yeah I don't think so either.

I really think MB wants a crack at the #1 overall next summer. He just can't come out and say it.

I think with the focus on development in the new hires this offseason there is a commitment there.

The other side is that if he rushes Jk and suzuki and the fail he is pretty much done.

Renaud Lavoie:
We're waiting on a full update on Nicolas Deslauriers but we know it's a facial injury and that he's still at the hospital.

still at the hospital
that cannot be good

Back