• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2018 Training Camp

Just an FYI Marc Dumont who writes for the Athletic and is an advanced stat advocate states the obvious. We gave up a goal scorer for a playmaker, is that what we needed? Probably not.

But advanced stats say Domi generates more offense per 60 minutes than AG

https://theathletic.com/395393/2018...e-a-goal-scorer-in-the-galchenyuk-domi-trade/

27 is bigger and a better goal scorer . Max is a much better playmaker , skater and in my opinion has a higher hockey IQ .

I am not enamoured with this trade but dont hate it either . He is still young enough with upside and both have a similar PPG career .

Lets give him a year on this roster . At least we didnt trade 27 for some veteran slug in his late 20`s .

27 is bigger and a better goal scorer . Max is a much better playmaker , skater and in my opinion has a higher hockey IQ .

I am not enamoured with this trade but dont hate it either . He is still young enough with upside and both have a similar PPG career .

Lets give him a year on this roster . At least we didnt trade 27 for some veteran slug in his late 20`s .

You expressed exactly how I feel

or

or

stay with me

dont trade chuck

I agree with that statement. However, the team had already determined it would not re sign him and he not would re sign with us, how that was determined with 2 years left on his contract, I will never know, but so be it.

We all know when Bergevin decides on something, his mind cannot be changed.

I agree with that statement. However, the team had already determined it would not re sign him and he not would re sign with us, how that was determined with 2 years left on his contract, I will never know, but so be it.

Agreed , but at least he inked him to a moveable contract with term to get some value in return .

This is just a rumor but reported by more than one person that his dad wanted him traded

Just an FYI Marc Dumont who writes for the Athletic and is an advanced stat advocate states the obvious. We gave up a goal scorer for a playmaker, is that what we needed? Probably not.

But advanced stats say Domi generates more offense per 60 minutes than AG

https://theathletic.com/395393/2018...e-a-goal-scorer-in-the-galchenyuk-domi-trade/

He's suppose to make a goal scorer out of Drouin, make the French player a star.

No surprise here, but the Habs just announced they've signed Joel Teasdale to a three-year entry-level contract as well.

The divide begins, have to imagine Team C will be on its way out soon enough.

DnoBoNHUUAAbUxb.jpg:small

CapFriendly:
It's worth mentioning that both players, Josh Brook & Joël Teasdale, who the Montreal Canadiens signed to ELCs this morning, are slide eligible for one more season and will not count towards the clubs 50 contract limit, if they are returned to their respective Junior clubs.

Аrpon Basu:
Claude Julien said Canadiens will announce cuts later today and some players from Team C might either stick around or come back later in camp to play a game.

I see Brook was returned to junior, so we will have to wait another year.

Back