• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2018 Training Camp

Quite the lineup against the Leafs tonight:

Michael Chaput - Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Joel Armia
Charles Hudon - Matthew Peca - Artturi Lehkonen
Jacob de la Rose - Nick Suzuki - Nikita Scherbak
Hunter Shinkaruk - Kenny Agostino - Byron Froese

Karl Alzner - Simon Despres
Xavier Ouellet - Brett Lernout
Rinat Valiev - Michal Moravcik

Charlie Lindgren
Antti Niemi

Did you see the Leafs lineup?

Not any better.

The funnier thing is that 7 (maybe 8) of those forwards likely break camp with us...

Yeah in the bottom two lines except for maybe Lehkonen who in my opinion should be on the 1st line instead of Armia

Did you see the Leafs lineup?

Not any better.
Yeah, it almost seems as if Julien & Babcock both had something of a gentleman's agreement to stick to playing their kids, bubble boys & AHLers tonight.

I'd expect the lineups we see from both sides on Wednesday will be a much closer approximation of the regular season groups.

Yeah, it almost seems as if Julien & Babcock both had something of a gentleman's agreement to stick to playing their kids, bubble boys & AHLers tonight.

I'd expect the lineups we see from both sides on Wednesday will be a much closer approximation of the regular season groups.

Yup, I'm pretty sure they spoke because that aint no coicidence

are they even meeting the minimum threshold for preseason games?

15.4 (c) of the NHL-NHLPA Collective Bargaining Agreement

A Club shall be permitted to dress a minimum of eight (8) veterans for any Exhibition Game. For purposes of this Section 15.4(c), a veteran shall constitute either: (1) a forward or defenseman who played in thirty (30) NHL Games during the previous season, (2) a goaltender who either dressed in fifty (50) or more NHL Games or played in thirty (30) or more NHL Games in the previous season, (3) a first round draft choice from the most recent year's Entry Draft, or (4) any Player who has played one-hundred (100) or more career NHL Games. The matter of Player participation in Exhibition Games shall be referred to the NHL/NHLPA Competition Committee for its consideration and recommendations, if any, in accordance with Article 22.

Looks like Kotkaniemi counts as well.

it would be funny if the opening night roster did not meet those requirements
in theory it is possible

Not with our current roster.

just meaning in general

if the habs or another team actually decided to go with Count's plan of icing a ECHL lineup they would be allowed to in the regular season but not the pre-season...just kinda funny to think about

just meaning in general

if the habs or another team actually decided to go with Count's plan of icing a ECHL lineup they would be allowed to in the regular season but not the pre-season...just kinda funny to think about

my plan?

The Habs made four cuts this morning, the biggest being sending Nick Suzuki back to junior.

Michal Moravcik and David Sklenicka have both been sent to Laval, while Joel Ward was released from his PTO.

Many forward regulars for the Habs played in that game.

The Habs made four cuts this morning, the biggest being sending Nick Suzuki back to junior.

Michal Moravcik and David Sklenicka have both been sent to Laval, while Joel Ward was released from his PTO.

Thought he would last a bit longer. Hopefully he goes and dominates.

But we bitched and bitched about Ward!!!!!

This is who's left at camp:

Goalies:
Charlie Lindgren
Antti Niemi
Carey Price

Defencemen:
Karl Alzner
Jordie Benn
Simon Despres
Noah Juulsen
Brett Lernout