• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2018 Training Camp

Kotkaniemi outplayed Suzuki. Considering his age, kotkabieni is doing better at this camp that I anticipated. Still don’t think he should make the team. Should be given 9 games and sent back after. Laval would be my pick. That Finland league isn’t great.

Regarding the cuts, can’t believe we will start with Benn. He is done.

Sending Suzuki down to the OHL was such a bad idea. How is he ever going to develop his game without playing against older players...

(lol)

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

I don't think anyone here has ever said, or even inferred, that you can only develop playing against older players.

Sending Suzuki down to the OHL was such a bad idea. How is he ever going to develop his game without playing against older players...

(lol)

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

The reply has small dick syndrome written all over it. You don't need to defend yourself like this when arguing with bordeline idiots. Most people agree that Suzuki and Koth should not be rushed.

Kotkaniemi outplayed Suzuki. Considering his age, kotkabieni is doing better at this camp that I anticipated. Still don’t think he should make the team. Should be given 9 games and sent back after. Laval would be my pick. That Finland league isn’t great.

Regarding the cuts, can’t believe we will start with Benn. He is done.

It is not like Kotkaniemi dominated that league.

Barkov in his draft year 48 points in 53 games
Laine 33 points in 46 games
Kotkaniemi 29 points in 57 games

I mean it is better than the CHL. My guess is the habs are trying to get him into the AHL.

I will wait until he plays against NHL caliber lineups in pre-season.

If he can play top 2C for the habs. Awesome. If not I am good with sending him down. No sense burning a year of his ELC on this team unless it is the best palce for his development at centre.

I did not know this... from 31 thoughts

6. Tampa’s a tough organization. Last year, the Lightning battled with already-traded Jonathan Drouin, refusing to pay a 2016-17 bonus because the threshold was 0.73 points-per-game. Drouin finished at 0.726, with the team saying “rounding be damned, that’s below the line.” Eventually, they paid 90 per cent of the $212,500 amount before an arbitrator ruled on the case. Now this with Dotchin.

It is not like Kotkaniemi dominated that league.

Barkov in his draft year 48 points in 53 games
Laine 33 points in 46 games
Kotkaniemi 29 points in 57 games

I mean it is better than the CHL. My guess is the habs are trying to get him into the AHL.

I will wait until he plays against NHL caliber lineups in pre-season.

If he can play top 2C for the habs. Awesome. If not I am good with sending him down. No sense burning a year of his ELC on this team unless it is the best palce for his development at centre.
I take it then Laine was rushed? Eichel was rushed?

Laine didn't dominate Finnish league so shouldn't he have gone back? Lord knows people on this board would have said do that.

How do we determine if a player is rushed?

Only thing I go on about is that if he barely makes the team I would rather he go down to get more ice time.

18 and 19 year olds can make the NHL now, it’s a reality.

Ray Ferraro made some good points on TSN 690 this afternoon for example in that the days of the Wings or Devils making all their prospects finish junior and play in the AHL no matter what they do in camp is a thing of the past.

No one on this board ever said that Suzuki or JK should be starting this season in the NHL unless they earned it at camp.

Suzuki didn’t stand out and righfully should go back to junior. On the flip side JK is doing enough this camp to create the debate, very few had even ever seen him play and had no idea he Was capable and maybe close to at least earning the 9 games.

Setting a path or plan for a players development without seeing where he is at the moment is a bit shortsighted.

Last edited:

I just think about Mike Fisher, Justin the Truth Williams, Jeff Skinner, and others who got in at 18. Did their fan bases bemoan the fact they weren't "ready"? How do you define if someone is ready?

Why waste a year of his ELC for a rebuilding year?

Bring him over when he's filled out a bit, and the team is ready to start turning the corner.

Why waste a year of his ELC for a rebuilding year?

Bring him over when he's filled out a bit, and the team is ready to start turning the corner.
why care about ELC? We will just ram a bridge deal up his ass anyway

Back