• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Buffalo Sabres vs. Ottawa Senators 10/8/2015 7:00 pm EDT

Do you like this?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SR2007

Thursday, October 8th, 2015, 7:30 pm EDT

LIVE FROM:
LIVE ON: (Radio)
LIVE ON: (TV)

2015/2016 Regular Season Records

0-0-0
Home Record: 0-0-0
Record Against Atlantic Division: 0-0-0
Last 10: 0-0-0

0-0-0
Away Record: 0-0-0
Record Against Atlantic Division: 0-0-0
Last 10: 0-0-0

SEASON SERIES
FIRST GAME OF THE SERIES
NEXT GAME: Tuesday, January 26th, 2016, @Ottawa 7:30 pm EST

Projected Goalies for this Game

#40 Robin Lehner(0-0-0), 0.00 GAA, .000 SV%, 0 SO

#41 Craig Anderson(0-0-0), 0.00 GAA, .000 SV%, 0 SO

Gionta is day-to-day. May not suit up tomorrow.

Here's the lines from today's practice...

Moulson O’Reilly Ennis
Kane Eichel Reinhart
Girgensons Larsson Foligno
Deslauriers Legwand McGinn

Its gameday! Lines this morning at practice...

Moulson-O'Reilly-Ennis
Kane-Eichel-Reinhart
Deslauriers-Legwand-McGinn
Girgensons-Larsson-Foligno

Colaiacovo-Ristolainen
Weber-Franson
Gorges-Pysyk
McCabe-Donovan

Doesn't look like Gionta is in tonight.

OTTAWA SENATORS BUFFALO SABRES
OCT 8, 2015, 7:00 PM ET

Sabres open Eichel era by hosting Senators

Senators (0-0-0) at Sabres (0-0-0)

TV: RDS, TSN5, MSG-B, BELL TV

Season Series: The Ottawa Senators won three of four games against the Buffalo Sabres last season. Ottawa foward Bobby Ryan led all skaters with four goals and tied teammate Mark Stone for five points. Andrew Hammond made 24 saves in a Senators victory March 6 to become the second goalie in 76 years to allow two or fewer goals in his first eight NHL starts.

Senators team scope: Ottawa players are stressing the importance of a quick start after needing a 23-4-4 finish to qualify for the Stanley Cup Playoffs on the final day of the 2014-15 season. "We want to be doing everything we can every night not waiting 'till the last 20-30 games of the season to really turn it up." forward Mike Hoffman said in video posted on the Senators website. "This start is going to be big for us." Forward Clarke MacArthur is questionable with a head injury sustained in Ottawa's final preseason game last Saturday. But in a sign he could play, Thursday, forward Matt Puempel was assigned to Binghamton of the American Hockey Leage. Goalie Craig Anderson will start for the Senators with Hammond out at least two weeks because of a groin injury. Forwards Kyle Turris and Chris Neil were named alternate captains. "Kyle earned it in my opinion," coach Dave Cameron told the Ottawa Sun.

Sabres team scope:: The Jack Eichel era begins Thursday when the second pick in the 2015 NHL Draft makes his debut. Eichel was informed he made the Sabres on Wednesday and will switch from No. 41 to his familiar No. 15. Captain Brian Gionta is day-to-day with a lower-body injury sustained at the end of practice Tuesday. Sam Reinhart replaced Gionta on the second-line at practice Wednesday with Eichel and left wing Evander Kane. Defenseman Josh Gorges (lower body) skated and believes he'll be ready to play but will be re-evaluated Thursday. Goalie Robin Lehner starts for the Sabres against his former team, "I have a lot of history there, a lot of good friends." Lehner told the Sabres website "I talked to a few of the guys [Tuesday] from Ottawa. They want to score and I want to save it so it's going to be fun." Dan Byslma debuts as coach after going 252-117-32 in six season with the Pittsburgh Penguins

Sabres-Senators Preview

Last edited:
Guys, this will be the first time in a long time we will all be able to root for them collectively again. :thumbup:

:smilielol5:

:thumbup: ya buddy this is the first time in about 1 year or so since I wore a sabres jersey! Go Sabres!

Final 3-1 Ottawa

Yes we lost, I thought for there first game they played well together the 3rd period seemed like their best period so I give them props there. Anywho Jack Eichel scored his first goal as an NHLer and Buffalo Sabre!

Disappointing loss for sure but happy to see Eichel score. Place went berserk after he lit up the lamp. (Love the goal song btw)

A few thoughts...

-Seemed to take two periods for them to get going. Not surprising at all. This team is very young and will learn a lot the hard way.
-Weber is awful. He shouldn't be on this team. Bogo needs to come back quick so they can scratch Weber.
-Franson was bad in his own zone....no surprise here. He will be the goat on a lot of nights. His skating just isn't there.
-Kane was a beast all game. All heart, all motivated. Too bad his goal was wiped out by an absolute garbage league rule now.
-Eichel was awesome. His goal was a thing of beauty. Started off slow but once Bylsma put Girgensons on his line, they started to dominate Ottawa. I hope Dan keeps that line next game.
-Thought McGinn played well.
-Pysyk reminds me of a Teppo Numminen kind of guy. Very calm and steady with the puck. Not flashy but solid all around.
-ROR wasn't good tonight. Lost a bunch of faceoffs. Was pretty ineffective all game.
-Reinhart looked lost. Not going to harp on him too much. Still very young and a lot to learn.
-Lehner seemed ok until he got injured. Looks pretty bad. He will miss significant time. TM might want to try and scoop up a goalie should Robin be out awhile.
-The coaches challenge for offsides is bullshit. Sorry but its complete crap. Use it for goalie interference, this reviewing an offsides 90 seconds before the goal is scored is garbage. The NHL is trying to fix a problem that they never had. I get the call, he was offsides, but I hate this concept. Wait until this happens in NY, Boston, Toronto, or Montreal. Also, where was this rule in '99?

Overall, we lost fair and square. Didn't play a complete 60 minutes. Let's hope they build off that 3rd period energy last game.

Disappointing loss for sure but happy to see Eichel score. Place went berserk after he lit up the lamp. (Love the goal song btw)

A few thoughts...

-Seemed to take two periods for them to get going. Not surprising at all. This team is very young and will learn a lot the hard way.
-Weber is awful. He shouldn't be on this team. Bogo needs to come back quick so they can scratch Weber.
-Franson was bad in his own zone....no surprise here. He will be the goat on a lot of nights. His skating just isn't there.
-Kane was a beast all game. All heart, all motivated. Too bad his goal was wiped out by an absolute garbage league rule now.
-Eichel was awesome. His goal was a thing of beauty. Started off slow but once Bylsma put Girgensons on his line, they started to dominate Ottawa. I hope Dan keeps that line next game.
-Thought McGinn played well.
-Pysyk reminds me of a Teppo Numminen kind of guy. Very calm and steady with the puck. Not flashy but solid all around.
-ROR wasn't good tonight. Lost a bunch of faceoffs. Was pretty ineffective all game.
-Reinhart looked lost. Not going to harp on him too much. Still very young and a lot to learn.
-Lehner seemed ok until he got injured. Looks pretty bad. He will miss significant time. TM might want to try and scoop up a goalie should Robin be out awhile.
-The coaches challenge for offsides is bullshit. Sorry but its complete crap. Use it for goalie interference, this reviewing an offsides 90 seconds before the goal is scored is garbage. The NHL is trying to fix a problem that they never had. I get the call, he was offsides, but I hate this concept. Wait until this happens in NY, Boston, Toronto, or Montreal. Also, where was this rule in '99?

Overall, we lost fair and square. Didn't play a complete 60 minutes. Let's hope they build off that 3rd period energy last game.

Yeah this coach challenge baloney is bs! Is this kinda crap going to happen every game, across the league? Is there a penalty if the challenge is denied? Grr. Still furious. LOL

Back