• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the NHL 2016-2017

Metalleaf

Michael Traikos
Robin Lehner allows goal on first shot (30 seconds in). Said this morning he was "the question mark". Uh-huh.

Re: Around the NHL 2015-2016

Buffalo looked awful to start but have stormed back, 2-2 with Ottawa, though Sens are challenging the latest goal.

Around the NHL 2015-2016

I think Julienne will be one of the first coaches to be fired. I know its only one game but they have peaked and got rid of the only bright light they had in a young defenseman

Bruins have Chara out with an injury, traded Hamilton and got rid of Lucic as well. Shouldn't they just have rebuilt/blown up the Cup core, asking Big Z if he wanted to hang around? Seems they are going to just sink into mediocrity at this point.

Also, 3 v 3 is pretty dirty.

Bruins have Chara out with an injury, traded Hamilton and got rid of Lucic as well. Shouldn't they just have rebuilt/blown up the Cup core, asking Big Z if he wanted to hang around? Seems they are going to just sink into mediocrity at this point.

Our past is their future. lol

The Bruins are a ****ing mess.

Sweeney is such a nightmare for them.

So they trade Seguin at 21, Hamilton at 22 and keep 38 year-old Chara. Huh?

Not enough was made of how old Chara looked last season.

Buffalo looked awful to start but have stormed back, 2-2 with Ottawa, though Sens are challenging the latest goal.

Clearly off the post. In the replay at least. Oh the offside goal.

Solid victory.

Last edited:

Loving the coaches challenge - goals that come from off-sides, or goalie interference shouldn't count.

Pretty basic stuff here.

Loving the coaches challenge - goals that come from off-sides, or goalie interference shouldn't count.

Pretty basic stuff here.
Yep, it's pretty nice to see the NHL get something right with a rule change.

In this day and age, when every game has cameras from a dozen different angles trained on every part of the ice surface, there's no reason why a goal should count purely on the say-so of a guy on the ice surface, when all of the on-camera evidence shows that it blatantly shouldn't have counted.

Pretty basic stuff here.

Yeah this is great. Even the goal that the Habs had called off... it sucked cause I wanted the goal, but it was the right call to disallow it.

Only problem I have with it is that you only get one... even if you get it right. Seems ridiculous. Why should you be punished by losing your challenge when the refs are the ones who ****ed up?

^ The team keeps it's challenge, and timeout, if they win the challenge.

Yeah this is great. Even the goal that the Habs had called off... it sucked cause I wanted the goal, but it was the right call to disallow it.

Only problem I have with it is that you only get one... even if you get it right. Seems ridiculous. Why should you be punished by losing your challenge when the refs are the ones who ****ed up?
Not true. As long as you have a timeout available, you can request a challenge.

And if you do make a challenge, you only lose your timeout if the call on the ice isn't reversed.

^ The team keeps it's challenge, and timeout, if they win the challenge.

Not true. As long as you have a timeout available, you can request a challenge.

And if you do make a challenge, you only lose your timeout if the call on the ice isn't reversed.

Oh sweet... I hadn't heard that. I seem to recall them saying that you only get one.

Maybe I assumed that you lose it no matter what when they meant that you only get one wrong attempt. That's much better.

Come to think of it though, I'm not a huge fan of not being able to make a challenge if you don't have a timeout.

I think the better way to do it would be to allow teams to still make a challenge if they don't have their timeout (whether due to a previous unsuccessful challenge, or just using their timeout normally). However, if you lose the challenge and don't have a timeout, you get slapped with a two-minute bench minor for delay of game.

My prediction for 3v3, is more goalie injuries.

Back