• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the NHL 2016-2017

For those Montreal fans interested, I've been pretty happy with the Leafs content...

@mirtle
We're happy to offer a discount for early subscribers to @AthleticMTL today https://t.co/Hw7J3XzkDM

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Could you give me an idea of the type of content that they give you? I'm not against paying for content if it's worth it. I mean, I watch every single game and follow a bunch of Hab beat writers and columnists. Plus anything of relevance is pretty much instantly posted on the Hab board.

Is there going to be content that someone who is as avid a fan as I am will find valuable?

I think you just need to watch which journalist and bloggers they recruit. If they're ones you know and respect than it's probably worth it. I like most of the content producers on the TOs page. Sounds like they're going to go big for the Habs which probably means they'll get lots of guys over time.

The editor and chief the Montreal side is this Arpon Basu guy, ever heard of him?

Joining also gives you access to all the other teams and cities they cover which seems to be rapidly growing.

I joined because I felt like I waste too much on the internet and I'm trying to one-stop-shop my sources. Athletic for sports (and here), Economist for news. That's it.

giphy.gif

Totally stupid. If they said 15th or 20th even, but 25th is hogwash.

Funny, when I was looking at capgeek today, I was thinking, if we got one more top dman (before Liljegren shows up, of course), it automatically makes our D one of the best in the league.

Push Hainsey down to the bottom pair with either Carrick or one of the rookies.

you can argue we don't have a stud #1, but we're average to above in every other slot, with great young depth to boot.

and we ain't the only team without a stud #1.

We don't have a stud #1, but I'd say that Rielly, Gardiner & Zaitsev are all good #2's.

Now we'll just have to see what Rielly's final form is, and what Liljegren turns into.

There's also the very slim possibility that Drew Doughty goes UFA just as the core of this team is entering their primes.

meh, Leafs belong in the lower 10 somewhere. maybe not as low as 25th, but whatever -- it's splitting hairs at that point. you can't honestly rate them in the top half of the league, that's for sure.

Back