• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the NHL 2016-2017

Subban can do it all. Those are hilarious.

Like all the JFL gala hosts, his jokes were written by a room full of staff writers but PK's certainly got the good timing and personality to deliver the laughs.

Roy was a questionable hire from the get-go, more of a PR/cronie move than a hockey one. Sounds like he wasn't happy with the decision-making, and/or his lack of input. Not sure why you'd hire a coach/VP if you aren't going to listen to what he has to say.

Ego ego ego.

For sure wasn't getting heard in the board room and quit. Smells like a Habs hire when they get off to a slow start this season and can all of their management/coaching staff.

Roy was a questionable hire from the get-go, more of a PR/cronie move than a hockey one. Sounds like he wasn't happy with the decision-making, and/or his lack of input. Not sure why you'd hire a coach/VP if you aren't going to listen to what he has to say.

Heh...reminds me of something Brian Burke used to say about Mike Keenan (during the days when both were employed by the Canucks):

Keenan: You see my contract? It says that I have a say in all player acquisitions/trades.
Burke: You see my contract? It says I can fire the coach.

:smilielol5:

I hope the Habs hire him. He's really the only guy they can hire. Ottawa grabbed Boucher.

Yes and no.

Bergevin wouldn't put up with Roy getting into his business, not the way he runs things. That and he's probably never going to fire his foxhole buddy in Therrien. So as long as Bergevin is GM Roy won't be hired by Montreal.

If/when Bergevin is fired Roy can come in and fill both the coach and gm position. Then two sport franchises in Montreal can be run into the ground by a coach GM

Looks like Patrick Sieloff knocked out Clark MacArthur with a big hit (well he wasn't fully out, he was dazed and needed to help off the ice). Bobby Ryan fought the guy after. Looks like this may be another long season for him.

This is the issue with training camps with so many borderline players in it (like ours). These young guys see this as their chance to impress and they end up knocking out a main player.

Looks like Patrick Sieloff knocked out Clark MacArthur with a big hit (well he wasn't fully out, he was dazed and needed to help off the ice). Bobby Ryan fought the guy after. Looks like this may be another long season for him.

This is the issue with training camps with so many borderline players in it (like ours). These young guys see this as their chance to impress and they end up knocking out a main player.
I don't know, it's pretty uncommon these days, and players know coaches are looking for skill above else.

I dunno...I saw Sieloff's hit on MacArthur, and it didn't even look like a particularly vicious, forceful or dirty hit to me. I think it's moreso that after sitting out most of a year and a half with severe post-concussion syndrome, it doesn't take much to knock out MacArthur anymore.

It's a shame, because he's still a solid top-6 forward, but it seems like he'd be wise to hang 'em up at this point.

So how about that mascot? Oilers just refuse to get their shit together eh?
Yeah, that thing is like something right out of Stephen King's "IT". The stuff of nightmares.

Back