Page 498 of 513 FirstFirst ... 398448488496497498499500508 ... LastLast
Results 9,941 to 9,960 of 10242

Thread: Around the NHL 2016-2017

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Around the NHL 2016-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Volcanologist View Post
    Sure Drouin marner and nylander could turn out to be similar calibre players in the end...but if you're asking to rank them now, age has to be considered. I'll take the younger guys on the bet that they can be greater than 60 point players when they reach Drouin's age. Seems like a reasonable bet to me.
    Yeah, it could turn out that way, I just don't really see the argument for it right now.

Post Thanks / Like

i know it's a dryspell but there's still no need to give idiots this much attention.
    #FreeTimmy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    i know it's a dryspell but there's still no need to give idiots this much attention.
    FWIW, I think we've moved on from McCagg's idiocy, and on to a general Leafs vs. Habs discussion.
    Ill trade five ordinary players for one great player any day. You can always find ordinary players. - Conn Smythe

Post Thanks / Like

Surprised zeke didn't get in on this when the topic of Leafs D vs Habs D came up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeafGm View Post
    FWIW, I think we've moved on from McCagg's idiocy, and on to a general Leafs vs. Habs discussion.
    Time for a new Leafs vs Habs vs Sens thread?

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hockeylover View Post
    You'd take a 30g/56pt season from a 22 year old over a 19-22g/61pt season from a 19 and 20 year old?
    I'm not taking sides here as I like all three players but everyone seems to be assuming continued upward trajectory. While likely for all three it doesn't necessarily mean it'll happen.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hockeylover View Post
    Surprised zeke didn't get in on this when the topic of Leafs D vs Habs D came up.
    Me too
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

Post Thanks / Like

Default Around the NHL 2016-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
    I'm not taking sides here as I like all three players but everyone seems to be assuming continued upward trajectory. While likely for all three it doesn't necessarily mean it'll happen.
    Sure. But why today would we go on anything else other than the facts that we know and make reasonable predictions based on the numbers?

I'll gladly take the younger, more productive players every time and take my chances.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
    Meh, we've covered this ground before. Early career, elite rookies tend to improve. There are a few examples of high end, early career rookies not improving, but it's usually injury related (RNH, Skinner)
    The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is required to produce it.

Post Thanks / Like

And there are probably plenty of examples of 3rd year players in Drouin's position peaking / plateauting.
    "In an infinite multiverse there is no such thing as fiction." -Scott Adsit, Star Talk Radio

Post Thanks / Like

There's almost no chance that Marner, Nylander and especially Matthews won't improve. I feel pretty confident that Drouin will as well. Given that he's most likely to receive a bump in opportunities. Also, this was technically his 3rd year, but his 2nd year was only 21 NHL games.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

The wildcard with Drouin, imo, is who he ends up playing with and whether the Habs have enough scoring talent and depth to support higher numbers from him. I'm very skeptical of that, but that's no surprise.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Habspatrol View Post
    There's almost no chance that Marner, Nylander and especially Matthews won't improve. I feel pretty confident that Drouin will as well. Given that he's most likely to receive a bump in opportunities. Also, this was technically his 3rd year, but his 2nd year was only 21 NHL games.
    Too skilled not to put up points with increased EV and PP time. As long as he doesn't let the pressure of being the savior get to him he will be fine

Post Thanks / Like

Bryan Murray dead at 74.

Post Thanks / Like

I watched a story of him last year when he was going through chemo and that guy was amazing. What he has given to the sport over his life is amazing. RIP Mr. Murray.

Post Thanks / Like

For those Montreal fans interested, I've been pretty happy with the Leafs content...

@mirtle
    We're happy to offer a discount for early subscribers to @AthleticMTL today https://t.co/Hw7J3XzkDM

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    "In an infinite multiverse there is no such thing as fiction." -Scott Adsit, Star Talk Radio

Post Thanks / Like

"...And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Volcanologist View Post
    The lack of respect given to the Toronto sports media is my second favourite trait of the new Toronto front office. Putting a good hockey team on the ice is obviously first, but watching Lou give a flat faced stare when a reporter asks a question and say "You know I'm not getting into that", puts a smile on my face.
    The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is required to produce it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aberdeen View Post
    For those Montreal fans interested, I've been pretty happy with the Leafs content...

@mirtle
    We're happy to offer a discount for early subscribers to @AthleticMTL today https://t.co/Hw7J3XzkDM

oh boy that is expensive still

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by worm View Post
    oh boy that is expensive still
    For the annual plan I think it's ok.

Page 498 of 513 FirstFirst ... 398448488496497498499500508 ... LastLast