• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the NHL 2016-2017

That was a wicked two hand slash to the gloves of Methot.

Unbelievable that he doesn't get a 2 minute call on that play - and pretty telling that the league doesn't appear to be interested in supplementary discipline.

League already said they are not going to look into suspension for that whack.

I am surprised he doesn't even get a 2 min minor. But then, I am not surprised.

I think Methot is gonna miss 3-4 weeks at least ... may be ready for playoff, may be not.

They just need to start calling slashes to the hands, period. And you're not going to find anyone more in favour of that than the games best players. You will of course have the Brad Marchand's shaking there hands every time somebody checks their stick, but deal with that through discipline after the game.

They just need to start calling slashes to the hands, period. And you're not going to find anyone more in favour of that than the games best players. You will of course have the Brad Marchand's shaking there hands every time somebody checks their stick, but deal with that through discipline after the game.

Yeah they do have a tendancy to ignore those types of slashes...technically it is a penalty but to my knowledge, it isn't called much.

Unbelievable that he doesn't get a 2 minute call on that play
If he slashed at the stick (and it broke), it would get called most/all of the time.

Last edited:
That was a wicked two hand slash to the gloves of Methot.

Unbelievable that he doesn't get a 2 minute call on that play - and pretty telling that the league doesn't appear to be interested in supplementary discipline.

It pretty clearly deserved a penalty but I'm not sure of how a suspension is justified. Unfortunate result though for sure.

It pretty clearly deserved a penalty but I'm not sure of how a suspension is justified. Unfortunate result though for sure.
A two-handed slash to the hands of another player. He's got an intent to inflict some pain.

Gaudreau had his finger broken earlier this year in a game where he took countless slashes. Same thing should have applied.

A two-handed slash to the hands of another player. He's got an intent to inflict some pain.

Gaudreau had his finger broken earlier this year in a game where he took countless slashes. Same thing should have applied.

Look, I can't say that if it was my player injured I wouldn't be just as annoyed as you are... but I've never seen a suspension for that kind of play.

You yourself just used an example where there was no suspension and no penalty.

That shit has no place in the game.

You should never be allowed to use your stick as a weapon, but that's what they're doing with these hacks.

They should at least issue 5 minute majors for them, in my opinion.

That shit has no place in the game.

You should never be allowed to use your stick as a weapon, but that's what they're doing with these hacks.

They should at least issue 5 minute majors for them, in my opinion.

We've sorta got a convo going about this in both threads but it appears the rules say if a player is injured from a slash you MUST call a 5 minute major. So that should have been the call. No grey area there actually.

What kills me is guys take this shit to beer league. And the bruised bones isn't even the worst part... it's when some ******* cracks ur brand new composite Easton....

Just had my Ribcore snapped last week. Two handed right on the top of the heel as I was shooting.

Lucky I didnt pay 300 for it but still it was my favorite stick

Back