• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the NHL 2016-2017

Can't believe Boston is probably gonna pull 3 pts ahead of us but is back to having played SIX more games. Weird schedule.

Can't believe Boston is probably gonna pull 3 pts ahead of us but is back to having played SIX more games. Weird schedule.

I was watching the first period vs Wings and both teams don't look like playoff teams imo. 5-4 B's now after 2. As i said before, both us and Sens will pass them. Poor offensive numbers and not that good defensively either).

Too bad the Wings couldn't score on that power-play at the end of the game.

Hopefully at least they'll deny the Bruins the extra point.

i know the panthers are chasing us but they win tonight we pass oil change and move into the top 10 in the league.

and **** oil change.

Looks like the Habs are starting their swan dive.

Even with Price off his ridiculous unsustainable start to the season, I doubt the Leafs can catch them. The Leafs have been making a huge charge up the standing the past month, but it will cool off for a bit soon enough.

That blueline is going to get taxed to the max with Rielly out. Having Hunlak as the second pairing and a wobbly guy on the third pairing is worrisome. Fingers crossed this doesn't last too long or someone shocks with performance over the next stretch. Gards and Zaitsev are going to have to be leaned on heavily.

Would be nice to find a salary dump with no term left at a cheap price. Anything like that out there?

Looks like the Habs are starting their swan dive.

Even with Price off his ridiculous unsustainable start to the season, I doubt the Leafs can catch them. The Leafs have been making a huge charge up the standing the past month, but it will cool off for a bit soon enough.

That blueline is going to get taxed to the max with Rielly out. Having Hunlak as the second pairing and a wobbly guy on the third pairing is worrisome. Fingers crossed this doesn't last too long or someone shocks with performance over the next stretch. Gards and Zaitsev are going to have to be leaned on heavily.

Would be nice to find a salary dump with no term left at a cheap price. Anything like that out there?
I doubt it. Defensemen (especially ones with no term left) always go for a premium at the deadline, even if they're barely useful.

Just look at us getting two second round picks for Roman Polak at last year's deadline.

As good as we look right now, I've just got no interest in seeing us trade anything of value for short-term pieces.

Yeah, didn't think so.

If Corrado bombs or is borderline bottom pair, I'd like to see Valiev and/or Holl given a shot. At worst, you give these guys some experience. I feel badly for Corrado and how he's been treated by Babs, but he just doesn't seem to have a future here (feels like an acquisition that was done without Babs' input).

catching the habs might actually mean a tougher first round matchup.

Mora.png

Another interesting fact (that I stole from twitter):

After going 13-1-1 to start the year, the Habs have nine regulation wins in their past 27 games.

Same old story from the last few years. Price struggles and/or gets hurt and the Habs lose.

It's cute how everyone ignores everything else going on with the Habs and attributes everything to Price. It's also cute that it's OK for other goalies to have stinkers causing their teams to lose but when Price has them it's the team in front of him, not Price himself.

Back