• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the NHL 2016-2017

Ian White sentenced to house arrest for firearms offenses. Trying to rehab from an opioid addiiction too.

wasted some pretty good talent that guy.

Ian White sentenced to house arrest for firearms offenses. Trying to rehab from an opioid addiiction too.

wasted some pretty good talent that guy.
Well, that would explain why he fizzled out so spectacularly after looking so promising early in his career.

What an unfortunate waste of talent.

pretty good logo and team name

Haven't seen the jerseys yet. may suck given all colors they're using

Good on Bettman for encouraging the crowd to boo him, saying that's what a true NHL city does

7e179342f0f8910831aa8bf05cf52d2d.jpg

Seems cheap. Why not just Vegas Knights?

Golden Knights reminds me of (noting it's early and still working through my coffee):

iu

you always heard that White was a scuzzball, all the way back to junior.

The best White story was in Future Greats and Heartbreaks: in his first post-draft season he walks into Swift Current's workout facilities purportedly wearing a twelve gallon Stetson, Texas-sized belt buckle, and cowboy boots replete with spurs. He's laughing it up with the other veterans on the team before turning to leave. A member of the coaching staff inquires as to whether he plans on working out that day. White turns around, walks over to a bench, does one bench press, with his Stetson still firmly planted on his head, says "I'm fine," gets up and leaves.

With all the oppression and bigotry they face, it's nice to see that mutants finally have a hockey team to call their own:

3qAOaMc.jpg

Back