• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

St. John's IceCaps: 2015-16 Season

An asset is an asset, whether u use it or deal it in a package for another asset. Options are always a good thing, the question IMO is one of the orgs talent assessment capability - was Fucale really the best player available at that point in the draft?

Established goalies are worth squat in trades so Zack is worthless at the moment , there is no way he was the BPA for us when you had Price .

IceCaps win again, this time 4-3 in overtime.

Bartley, MacMillan, Scherbak and Hudon with the goals.

Fucale made 36 saves for the W.

Established goalies are worth squat in trades so Zack is worthless at the moment , there is no way he was the BPA for us when you had Price .

Best player available had diddly to do with current NHL roster players (who was in nets when Price was drafted?)

Yes, Scherbak gets tying goal with 5minutes left in game and maybe he is back to 100% healthy?
And Hudon with OT breakaway winner.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ca5gnuXW4AAoH6b.jpg

made no sense taking Fucale when 31 is your goalie for a decade , useless pick dont mind the player but not required at this time
You can't not draft a goalie just because you have Price. You have to be ready for all contigencies like heaven forbid Price ended up like Pelle Lindbergh or Luc Bourdon.

made no sense taking Fucale when 31 is your goalie for a decade , useless pick dont mind the player but not required at this time

I don't understand how you can say that after our debacle of this year. Had we drafted a solid goalie after Price, we would have had one ready to step in when Price went down. Or what if Price suffers a career ending injury? At worst you use that asset nd trade him for a high pick, like it was done with Schneider and Talbot.

You can't not draft a goalie just because you have Price. You have to be ready for all contigencies like heaven forbid Price ended up like Pelle Lindbergh or Luc Bourdon.

You also need a freaking backup at some point and need some goaltender for your farm team. It's not like these will magically appear in your lineup.

Holloway scores the empty netter and the IceCaps win 3-1.

Holloway 1G, 2A.
McCarron 2A.
Fucale 32 saves.

I haven't watched any games and I understand that MM hasn't scored much lately, but it looks like he is having a pretty good season points wise in the AHL.

Personally I'm pleasantly surprised. I was under the impression he was basically already labelled as trash.

I haven't watched any games and I understand that MM hasn't scored much lately, but it looks like he is having a pretty good season points wise in the AHL.

Personally I'm pleasantly surprised. I was under the impression he was basically already labelled as trash.

He had a fantastic first 20-25 games PPG and a horrible next 20-25.

Sounds like the Habs.

Also I don't know that he was ever labelled as trash. GGPX and I have been toughest on him, and I think we both said we don't think he'll ever be a top 6 player. Personally I haven't changed on that. He seems to project as a Brian Boyle type right now, the same as I was projecting him before the season. Gonna have to make it on his defensive ability and some occassional offence, but not in the top 2 lines.

Back