• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs/Habs/Sens

The "shitty" Sens are now 6th in the NHL standings.

Crazy game last night. Looks like the Stars can't buy a win vs an Ontario based team.

Pageau is a gamer. He'd be loved in MTL.

He's a 3rd line centre at best though.

One might say an elite 3rd line centre?

Bobby Ryan PPG forward (well almost 20 in 21).

Nice to see him stepping up his game to match the contract. The Sens are a much better team with him playing to his capabilities.

Bobby Ryan PPG forward (well almost 20 in 21).

Nice to see him stepping up his game to match the contract. The Sens are a much better team with him playing to his capabilities.

Not a huge fan of Ryan but Sens are doing what i thought they would this season. Best team in the East right now imo and they aren't even playing as well as they can. When it gets closer to playoff time(last 15-20 games) they might even catch first place. I remember that year(was it few years back?) when they had that big win streak in the last 20 games(barely lost any). The team is setup very similarly in that guys are doing little things right(still a bit shaky on d coverage at times but as it gets closer to the end they'll tighten up and it'll be very difficult to beat them). Nice work.

How are the Senators better than the Rangers or Canadiens?

They aren't. Rangers and Canadiens are the best in the conference.

However, in their last 3 meetings with the top teams in the league, the Sens beat the Habs and Stars and lost in the shootout vs the Rags.

Last edited:
How are the Senators better than the Rangers or Canadiens?

I already answered this before and Habsy got a little hurt by it, started throwing insults. You guys just keep checking the standings and basing it off that ok? Good luck in the playoffs and don't be surprised even if an 8th team knocks you out. From some of the comments on here there are others who seem to agree that you guys get a lot of your wins by goaltending alone(MindzEye being one). Rangers are very similar that way. What i like about Ottawa is that their goaltending is solid and not too far off from Rangers and Canadiens but i believe that they have more pieces down the lineup and players that play the right way(win puck battles, better cycle game, better structure, etc). This will be much much more useful (and obvious as you'll see) once it gets closer to playoff time because tight games are won by teams who have more of those pieces in place. I always laugh when people go on and on about talent they got but just forget about everything else(like you guys getting a floater in Semin..how many times has he been benched already?). You just can't win many playoff games with guys who don't buy into the system. Simple as that.

Actually he lost two in regulation and even when he was terrible like against Vancouver, we won. Most of the haters figured ot was all Price. Clearly it isn't.

Back