• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs/Habs/Sens

I'm sure you wouldn't.

You're right. I wouldn't.

You know why?

A) I don't know who you are
B) The bet would take 10 years to decide on a winner
C) In 10 years neither of us would remember the bet.

So yeah, you're right. I wouldn't. Because it'd be pointless.

You know why?

Looks like you are new to the forum (welcome). You'll soon find out that your point C is very wrong. If you stick around, folks here have very looooooooooooooooooong memory. Double check whatever you type hehe

According to TVA the Sens are the frontrunners for Drouin.

http://www.tvasports.ca/2016/02/10/drouin--les-sens-au-plus-fort-de-la-course

My guess us Zbad or Chabot going the other way.

I'd prefer it be Zbad

Drouin hasn't proven anything in this league. He may have a lot of upside but one thing's for sure: he won't be contributing much to you playoffs run this year. If you take away Zbad you are now left with another hole to fill. I don't see Murray doing that. maybe in the offseason.

Because Zbad is finished developing and can never be more than a 3rd line C right...

I'm sure your description would be identical if he was a Leaf.
How about you try that again without the straw-man arguments? On a Tampa Bay team that, right at this moment, includes Steven Stamkos and Tyler Johnson, Zibanejad would be no better than a third line center. But that means neither that "third line center" is an accurate description of him as a player right now, or that it's all he'll ever be.

As for whether he's finished developing; we're now almost five full seasons removed from the 2011 draft. While some players from that draft may still be late bloomers and improve exponentially, at this point, there's a lot of "what you see is what you get" where these the vast majority of these players are concerned. With Stuart Percy & Josh Leivo, for example, it's unlikely that they'll be anything more than depth players at the NHL level. And with Mika Zibanejad, after three and a half seasons of 15-20 goal, 40-50 point hockey, it's pretty unlikely he's going to evolve into a player that will ever consistently post numbers a lot better than that.

Perhaps I'm overrating him a tad, but Zibanejad looks like the ideal second-line centre to me. Great speed and defensive instincts, but with the goal-scoring talent and finishing ability to post up to 60 points. All while being a Selke-quality defensive forward.

That has a ton of value to a post-season bound club like Tampa Bay looking to shore up their top six. And given the fact that Drouin is the best asset that Yzerman has at his disposal, and the fact that the Lightning have a limited window in which to win a championship with Stamkos' almost certain impending departure, you have to believe that trading him for another high-quality young player who has proven himself more at the NHL level would be quite a nice return for them.

You know why?

I was not looking to make a bet. I was merely stating my confidence in Drouin being a better player than Zibanejad. "I'd bet money on it" is a pretty common exclamation of confidence.

I made a statement and you replied by basically saying that you believed me... and I replied by doing the same to you.

I was not looking to make a bet. I was merely stating my confidence in Drouin being a better player than Zibanejad. "I'd bet money on it" is a pretty common exclamation of confidence.

I made a statement and you replied by basically saying that you believed me... and I replied by doing the same to you.

Oh ok gotcha I would put money on it that drouin doesn't amount to Zbad

Haha this sounds like a fun place to be. Even if the Habs fans wander away from their own section

It is fun.

There are a few of us Hab fans that spend a lot of time here. I do it cause I have to, not that I like the cretins that inhabit the place.

Perhaps I'm overrating him a tad, but Zibanejad looks like the ideal second-line centre to me. Great speed and defensive instincts, but with the goal-scoring talent and finishing ability to post up to 60 points. All while being a Selke-quality defensive forward.

That has a ton of value to a post-season bound club like Tampa Bay looking to shore up their top six. And given the fact that Drouin is the best asset that Yzerman has at his disposal, and the fact that the Lightning have a limited window in which to win a championship with Stamkos' almost certain impending departure, you have to believe that trading him for another high-quality young player who has proven himself more at the NHL level would be quite a nice return for them.
He's got value, for sure. And with his production and the kind of player he is, he'd probably be a second line center on a lot of teams around the league.

I'd just think that, if Yzerman's going to deal Drouin to a division rival, he'd want something back with a bit more high-end potential.

Drouin hasn't proven anything in this league. He may have a lot of upside but one thing's for sure: he won't be contributing much to you playoffs run this year. If you take away Zbad you are now left with another hole to fill. I don't see Murray doing that. maybe in the offseason.

Maybe not "proven" but 32 points in 70 games as a 19 year old rookie playing on the 3rd line is definitely a promising sign.

Maybe not "proven" but 32 points in 70 games as a 19 year old rookie playing on the 3rd line is definitely a promising sign.

Sure but the Dion trade seems to indicate that Ottawa wants to make the playoffs. You take out Zbad and put in Drouin, you are hurting your chances this year.

Sure but the Dion trade seems to indicate that Ottawa wants to make the playoffs. You take out Zbad and put in Drouin, you are hurting your chances this year.

Oh for sure. It would seem contradictory.

That said, there's a real argument to be made that the Phaneuf trade wasn't necessarily the Sens "buying" for a playoff push. They got rid of some dead weight that had not real future with the team beyond helping them suck next year while adding Dion who realistically should make them a better team for the foreseeable future.

I'm not sure the Dion trade on it's own really does show a commitment to any direction in particular.

LIES!!!!!!!!!!!! you prefer us to your own kind.

giphy.gif

Back