• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs/Habs/Sens

Question with regard to Cowen: can a team acquire a player and buy him out in the same offseason or do they need to have the player on the books for part of the previous season?

As long as you get the contract before the buyout window, you can buy him out.

I think the Lightning did this with Sam Gagner

Every Leaf fan I've spoken to either on here or elsewhere seems to be well aware of the fact that, with the exception of Lindberg, the 2nd round pick and piles of free cap space, the players we acquired from the Sens in the Phaneuf trade (including Cowen) are a pile of hot garbage that we'll be looking to off-load as expeditiously as possible.

And if Babcock really wants a reclamation project, I think we can find a better one than Cowen. Especially since Cowen's kind of the antithesis of the type of player this organization's looking to build with, particularly on the back-end: big & slow, with poor hockey IQ.

Cowen was just an expiring contract. This was an NBA kind of deal.

But they'll still pump his tires and probably trade him for value.

So Kardi is in hot water again for his immaturity...what a shock.

Meh, he had just taken what he felt was a head shot and was pissed off. This isn't him missing practice or the things that have been problems in past years. He's been a model citizen this year other than a throat slash.

One year remaining on Cowen, Greening & Michalek's contracts is absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.

When imagining trade scenarios involving Dion, I was figuring we'd have to take at least one bad-money deal with multiple years remaining.

To be free & clear after only one more season instead is a coup.

Meh, he had just taken what he felt was a head shot and was pissed off. This isn't him missing practice or the things that have been problems in past years. He's been a model citizen this year other than a throat slash.

Selfish reaction from a selfish player.

Then he runs around the rest of the game trying to get retribution and ends up getting embarrassed by bouncing off Giordano like a mosquito off a windshield on his failed retaliation attempts.

Too bad he wasn't man enough to drop the gloves...would have loved to see that.

Selfish reaction from a selfish player.

Bad reaction from a young player who has made big strides in maturing this season by all accounts

Then he runs around the rest of the game trying to get retribution and ends up getting embarrassed by bouncing off Giordano like a mosquito off a windshield on his failed retaliation attempts.

Are you stunned? The hit he threw on Gio was his next shift and he didn't take himself out of position to do it. That was pretty much the end of his attempts a getting back at Gio..and yeah Gio bounced him. It's not like Kadri did anything stupid though. He took a healthy run at a player 20 pounds heavier than he is, but didn't throw a dirty hit, didn't do anything dangerous, etc.

Too bad he wasn't man enough to drop the gloves...would have loved to see that.

Like when he did okay against Backes a few weeks ago, when he was man enough to drop his gloves?

Back