• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Buffalo Sabres vs. Montreal Canadiens 10/23/2015, 7:00 pm EDT

SR2007

Friday, October 23rd, 2015, 7:00 pm EDT

LIVE FROM:
LIVE ON: (Radio)
LIVE ON: (Local TV)
LIVE ON: (National TV)

2015/2016 Regular Season Records

2-4-0
14th Eastern Conference
7th Atlantic Division
Home Record: 2-2-0
Record Against the Atlantic Division: 1-4-0
Last 10: 2-4-0

7-0-0
1st Eastern Conference
1st Atlantic Division
Away Record: 4-0-0
Record Against the Atlantic Division: 4-0-0
Last 10: 7-0-0

SEASON SERIES
1st Game of Series
Next Game: Wednesday, February 3rd, 2016, 7:00 pm EST @Montreal

Projected Goalies for this Game

#31 Chad Johnson(2-4-0), 2.35 GAA, .906 SV%, 0 SO

#39 Mike Condon(1-0-0), 1.00 GAA, .952 SV% 0 SO

TEAM LEADERS

Goals

Jack Eichel, 2 Goals

Assists

Marcus Foligno, 3 Assists

Matt Moulson, Ryan O'Reilly, Evander Kane, Marcus Foligno, Rasmus Ristolanien, 3 Points

Goals
Max Pacioretty, Tomas Plekanec, 5 Goals

Assists
Brendan Gallagher, Alex Galchenyuk, P.K. Subban, 5 Assists

Max Pacioretty, 7 Points

Montreal Canadiens Buffalo Sabres
OCT. 23, 2015, 7:00 pm ET

Condon, Canadiens look to stay unbeaten, visit Sabres

Canadiens at Sabres

TV:
NHLN, RDS, CITYM, MSG-B, BELL TV

BUFFALO -- The Montreal Canadiens will look to win their eighth consecutive game to start the season Friday when they face the Buffalo Sabres at First Niagara Center.

The Canadiens are 7-0-0 this season but went 1-2-1 against the Sabres last season. Even though the Sabres have a much different roster and a new coach this season, the Canadiens are not looking past them.

"They're going to be a hard-working team, that's for sure," Canadiens captain Max Pacioretty said. "They've got a lot of skill, especially new faces up front, and those are guys that if you give them any free time or space they're going to put the puck in the back of your net. Obviously a team like this has a lot to prove, so their intensity level is going to be there so we have to make sure to match that."

The Canadiens are the sixth team to win the first seven games of the season in regulation and the first to do it since the 1994-1995 Pittsburgh Penguins. A win in regulation against the Sabres would make them the second team in NHL history to win the first eight, joining the 1974-1975 Sabres.

"I like our team attitude. I think our work ethic has been really good," Canadiens coach Michel Therrien said. "Structure of this hockey team has been good. Guys are really buying in about the way we want to play. We pursue the puck really well. We try to create turnovers to try to capitalize on the mistakes of the other teams. Obviously we have a good goaltender. Carey Price started the season the way he left off last season and he gives us the confidence we're looking for."

Goalie Mike Condon will make his second career start for the Canadiens. He made 20 saves in a 3-1 win against the Ottawa Senators on Oct. 11.

"We don't want to change the way we play. We don't want to change our plans," Therrien said. "Michael Condon did a really good job in his first game in Ottawa. I thought he was really sharp; really solid. You expect your goaltender to give you a chance to stay in the game. There's going to be some breakdowns at times and that's when he has to make a difference and he did a good job in his first night in Ottawa."

The Sabres are looking to win their second straight game, coming off a 2-1 shootout win against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Wednesday. The Sabres are 14-6-2 in their past 22 games against the Canadiens.

"I think the biggest thing is not to focus on them, what they do, how they play," Sabres defenseman Josh Gorges said. "Do everything you can to make them adapt how we play. Right from that first faceoff, and you hear that a lot, but we've got to dictate play. We've got to control the puck; we've got to be the aggressors and the ones pushing the pace and pushing the play and trying to make them feel as uncomfortable as you can, if you can, and then you just go from there."

Buffalo is second in the NHL in fewest shots allowed at 25.3 shots per game. The Sabres will need to keep that up if they're going to break the Canadiens' undefeated streak.

"We want to be the best, and right now Montreal is the best," Sabres coach Dan Bylsma said. "There's no question about that. They're 7-0 and we get a shot at them tonight. I don't know if it's going to get to the end of the game and take out the yardstick and see exactly where we stand; just like we did with Tampa Bay, we know we're playing a good team and we're going to try to beat them."

Goalie Chad Johnson will make his sixth consecutive start for the Sabres.

Defenseman Tom Gilbert is playing in his 600th NHL game for the Canadiens.

Here are the projected lineups:

CANADIENS

Max Pacioretty – Tomas Plekanec – Brendan Gallagher

Lars Eller – Alex Galchenyuk – Alexander Semin

Tomas Fleischmann – David Desharnais – Dale Weise

Brian Flynn – Torrey Mitchell – Devante Smith-Pelly

Andrei Markov – P.K. Subban

Alexei Emelin – Jeff Petry

Nathan Beaulieu – Tom Gilbert

Mike Condon

Carey Price

Injured: None

Scratched: Paul Byron, Greg Pateryn, Jarred Tinordi

SABRES

Evander Kane – Ryan O'Reilly – Sam Reinhart

Tyler Ennis – Jack Eichel – Brian Gionta

Matt Moulson – Zemgus Girgensons – Marcus Foligno

Nicolas Deslauriers – Johan Larsson – Jamie McGinn

Josh Gorges – Rasmus Ristolainen

Mike Weber – Cody Franson

Jake McCabe – Mark Pysyk

Chad Johnson

Linus Ullmark

Injured: Robin Lehner (ankle), Zach Bogosian (lower body), Cody McCormick (blood clot)

Scratched: Carlo Colaiacovo, David Legwand

Status update: Ullmark was recalled from Rochester of the American Hockey League and goalie Nathan Lieuwen was sent down.

Who's hot:
Gallagher has a goal and two assistants and Plekanec has two goals and an assist in the past two games.

Canadiens-Sabres Preview

Haven't posted in awhile. Been on vacation. Last week I had the chance to attend the Lightning and Columbus games. What I can say is Eichel is the real deal. Kid has some insane amount of skills.

Anyway.....it would be great to see us beat the Habs and break their streak. Last year I believe we were 3-0-1 against them (kind of shocking). Buffalo manages to give the Habs a run for their money the past couple years.

Scoring has been a big issue right now, hopefully we break out soon.

Nator hope you had a great vacation! I am not worried yet. I don't remember who was saying this I think it was Hamliton on WGR550 that this team might take until November to gel which is fine with me. Our scoring chances are pretty much there just need to have players finish them. Eichel seemed like the real deal cannot wait to go to a game to see him live. I am looking forward to it. I haven't been to a game in a few years. I will not be here tonight just because I have plans with my sis! Go Sabres!

No good came out of this game. Awful from start to end.

The NJ game frustrated me the most. That's a game they should win. Our goaltending has been atrocious. Rolling with Johnson is killing us now. He's only a back up. Was hoping TM would grab Ramo off waivers just to help stop the bleeding.

Even in a game where nothing went well for the Sabres, I was very impressed with Eichel. Like you said, he's the real deal. Gonna be a superstar.

Back