• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Potential Changes?

Habspatrol

Administrator
Staff member
After having trade discussions with several managers I and others have come to realize that it's extremely difficult to make trades in this league. With almost every team being very close to the cap ceiling it's very difficult to make anything work.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it easier? The obvious seems that we should raise the cap by another 5-10%... but maybe there's another way.

I think people will get bored if we have no real player movement.

If you raise the cap, all you'll see imo is a mad rush for the good players on the wire and we'll be in the same situation. I'd advise letting things go for a bit and see how they settle. It's still super early.

it will always be extremely difficult to trade in this league unless you are offering up a good contract. Big names mean nothing if they are over paid. My prediction is that you see some deadline deals and a lot of off season movement in this league. Other then that not much.

Yeah that's why I'm looking for suggestions.

Perhaps we can consider raising the cap by 5 or 10% at the trade deadline each year. Just tossing out some ideas.

I agree with Deckie. Raising the cap isnt going to change anything. We pick up better players and are in the same predicament.

I think the problem is, as I mentioned in preseason, that we can just cut people. If you're stuck with the players you have you are forced to make changes to fix your lineup instead if scavenge the waiver wire.

I think that would only further handcuff teams and prevent movement. At least now if you go to make a trade you can drop someone to make room for the trade. Handcuffing managers would make movement drop to pretty much nil.

Maybe we could allow teams to retain up to 25% of the cap hit for players they trade for the rest of that season?

That would allow teams trade for "rentals."

Back