• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

What is up with Bobby Ryan

ColinM

Last spring I had him pegged as hiding an injury, but it is hard to make that case now that the summer has passed and he is off to a slow start. He only has one goal this year which was an empty netter. Tonight he has 8 shots in over 15 minutes of ice time and he looks snake bit every time the camera shows a close up of his face.

Is he unlucky or has he collapsed under the weight of his contract? How does he turn around? I am not sure that he can blame his line mates.

Last spring I had him pegged as hiding an injury, but it is hard to make that case now that the summer has passed and he is off to a slow start. He only has one goal this year which was an empty netter. Tonight he has 8 shots in over 15 minutes of ice time and he looks snake bit every time the camera shows a close up of his face.

Is he unlucky or has he collapsed under the weight of his contract? How does he turn around? I am not sure that he can blame his line mates.

Now Teemu Selane is reaching out to Ryan. Sounds like Selanne thinks all Ryan needs is better luck. After 11 shots on net Saturday odds were one would go in. I hope he is right and that a few shots that had been close saves will turn into close misses by a goaltender. After all is anyone as bad as their worst slump?

Now Teemu Selane is reaching out to Ryan. Sounds like Selanne thinks all Ryan needs is better luck. After 11 shots on net Saturday odds were one would go in. I hope he is right and that a few shots that had been close saves will turn into close misses by a goaltender. After all is anyone as bad as their worst slump?

He is getting chances. You have to think that eventually they'll go in.

I didn't watch the second half of the game last night, but I was pleased to wake up and found out that Ryan scored the second goal. Here's hoping this is a sign of things to come.

Go Bobby Ryan - 2 empty net goals this year!!!!

Although given the ice time in light of the icings he had to log in the last 5 minutes tonight it wasn't that automatic.

I liked Ryan's goal tonight. It was a simple shot that might have missed the net over a week ago.

Last night's power play goal was another solid shot that found its way in. I'm really starting to feel like he found is puck luck.

Didn't see it. I wasted money on the NHL gamecenter single team subscription. Has never worked at all this season. Couldn't even watch highlights.

I don't know why companies need to fix what ain't broken all the time. It's my 3rd year subscribing to the app. The last two seasons it worked fine. But I guess they decided to "improve" it to the point that it no longer works. Refund time.

Imagine..I paid over $100 USD to watch what I can easily find free online, and it doesn't even work.

I think that's irony.

Didn't see it. I wasted money on the NHL gamecenter single team subscription. Has never worked at all this season. Couldn't even watch highlights.

I don't know why companies need to fix what ain't broken all the time. It's my 3rd year subscribing to the app. The last two seasons it worked fine. But I guess they decided to "improve" it to the point that it no longer works. Refund time.

Imagine..I paid over $100 USD to watch what I can easily find free online, and it doesn't even work.

I think that's irony.

Ouch. I haven't really looked into GameCenter since I don't really follow out of market teams closely enough. There's plenty of hockey to be watched without Center Ice these days. Still thanks for the tip. I know how not to spend $100.

In the month or so since I started this thread Ryan has added 5 goals, and by now has become a point a game player. (19 points in 20 games).

In spite of this he's been involved with line juggling. Late last week he went back to playing with Turris while Stone was placed on a line with Zibinijad. Personally I think Turris/Stone and Zib/Ryan has better chemistry so I don't really get the shuffle. But for the foreseeable future Hoffman/Turris/Stone/Michelak/Zib/Ryan will be the top 6 forward. I guess they are destined to see one another from time to time.

Nice game last night. I originally thought it was Stone that scored Ryan's goal as the camera wasn't quite on the play at first, so all I saw was the steal and a 6 so naturally one would assume that it was Stone.

Speaking of Stone, what a great game he had. You'd have to think that by now every defenseman in the league is going to bang it off the glass if they see him coming.

As for the gamecenter thing, it is such a farce I can't believe that companies get away with this sort of thing.

Go into the Google play store comments about single team subscriptions, and it is full of people that can't watch games like they should be able to. I spend most of hockey season outside of Ottawa, so the subscription makes sense for me.

After weeks of getting the runaround from tech support, you know the uninstall / reinstall / reboot your device dance, I finally gave up and asked for a refund, which they denied in accordance to the terms of the purchase.

Specifically, the weeks I spent getting jerked around by tech support made me miss the 5 day window for a refund.

It's laughable.

I mean really, how do they get away with this kind of bullshit?

Is there not anything in the purchase agreement that says that you know...the app will actually function?

It's pure thievery.

/rant.

Back