• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ Philadelphia Flyers 10/27/2015 7:00 pm EDT

SR2007

Tuesday, October 27th, 2015, 7 pm EDT
@
LIVE FROM:
LIVE ON: (Radio)
LIVE ON: (Local TV)

2015/2016 Regular Season Records

2-6-0
15th Eastern Conference
8th Atlantic Division
Away Record: 0-2-0
Record Against the Metropolitan Division: 1-1-0
Last 10: 2-6-0

4-2-1
6th Eastern Conference
4th Metropolitan Division
Home Record: 3-1-0
Record Against the Atlantic Division: 2-1-1
Last 10: 4-2-1

SEASON SERIES
1st Game of Series
Next Game: Friday, October 30th, 7:00 pm EDT @Buffalo

Projected Goalies for this Game

#31 Chad Johnson(2-5-0), 3.06 GAA, 879 SV%, 0 SO

#35 Steve Mason(2-2-1), 3.32 GAA, .899 SV%, 0 SO

TEAM LEADERS

Goals
Ryan O'Reilly, Jack Eichel, 3 Goals

Assists

Ryan O'Reilly, 4 Assists

Ryan O'Reilly, 7 Points

Goals

Claude Giroux, 3 Goals

Assists

Wayne Simmonds, 4 Assists

Mark Streit, Wayne Simmonds, 5 Points

Last edited:

BUFFALO SABRES PHILADELPHIA FLYERS
OCT. 27, 2015,
7:00 pm ET

Sabres move on without Kane, face Flyers

SABRES (2-6-0) at FLYERS (4-2-1)

TV: TVA Sports, MSG-B, BELL TV, CSN-PH

Season Series: The Philadlephia Flyers beat the Buffalo Sabres twice in three games last season. But in the game at Wells Fargo Center, Sabres forwards Brian Gionta and Brian Flynn scored in the shootout to give them a 3-2 victory. Forward Zemgus Girgensons led the Sabres with two goals. Defenseman Michael Del Zotto led the Flyers with three assists.

Sabres team scope: Buffalo forward Evander Kane will be out 4-6 weeks after sustaining an injury to the medial collateral ligament in his left knee Saturday against the New Jersey Devils. Kane had one goal in eight games but coach Dan Bylsma said he has been a spark for the offense. "A lot of the speed and a lot of the tenacity and a lot of our drive, he's been that for our offense." Byslma told the Buffalo News. "He doesn't quite have the numbers, but yes, he's been that for our team. Someone else gets a chance to do that now." Nicolas Deslauriers skated in Kane's spot at left wing alongside center Ryan O'Reilly and right wing Tyler Ennis at practice Monday. Forward Tim Schaller was recalled from Rochester of the American Hockey League. He rotated on the fourth line with Marcus Foligno, David Legwand and Jamie McGinn

Flyers team scope: Philadelphia forward Michael Raffi practiced Monday and is expected to be in the lineup. Raffi lost consciousness on the bench Saturday after being accidently elbowed in the chin by New York Rangers forward Jarret Stoll. Raffi said he remembers almost everything that happened Saturday. "I was sitting next to [Claude Giroux]" Raffi said, according to the Courier-Post. "I remember that. Then I woke up and he was holding me. It was just for a couple seconds. I guess that I lost consciousness. I asked him what happened, why everyone was freaking out. I didn't know." Raffi said he passed a concussion protocol test. "Nothing too serious" Raffi said. "I was fine 10 minutes after and I feel fine today and [Sunday] was perfect." Raffi practice in his usual spot, at left wing alongside Giroux and Jakub Voracek. "I guess I had expected to see him out there," coach Dave Hakstol said, according to the Courier-Post. "But it was good to see him out there for the full practice."

Sabres-Flyers Preview

Forward lines this morning at practice:

Deslauriers-O'Reilly-Ennis
Larsson-Eichel-Reinhart
Moulson-Girgensons-Gionta
Foligno-Legwand/Schaller-McGinn

Interesting to see D-Lo on the top line, not that I agree with it. He works his ass off but I don't want to him him on the 1st line.

The second line is confusing for me. I'd like to see Moulson play with Eichel instead of Larsson.

Ennis frustrates me. This kid has a load of talent yet he reminds me of a Max Afinogenov 2.0. Too fancy and cute with the puck then it leads to turnovers.

For Briere fans (I am one) the Flyers are honoring Danny Briere tonight! Hope it's a good one. I will post a youtube video of it if I can find one. LET'S GO BUFFALO!

Back